Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • buying albums in mp3 format
  • sadexpunk

wifes after the new adele 25 album cos its not available on spotify/deezer apparently.

shes happy to have it as mp3 (flac would be better) but not sure of the best way of getting this. she would want to own the actual files to drag and drop onto phone/ext HD etc.

buying the cd from amazon includes ‘free mp3 version’ but ive just been looking at it and it suggests it may only be available in her amazon account, and not able to drag/drop, much like kindle books.

we have chromebooks so not quite as simple as ripping a cd to mp3 either.

could anyone suggest the best option please?

thanks

jimjam
    Free Member

itunes? BTW any MP3s I’ve bought from Amazon can be moved to any of my devices.

ffej
    Free Member

Amazon will allow you to download the mp3 files to do with as you wish..
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201830520

Jeff

sadexpunk

we’re committed to android thanks jimjam, so no itunes for us.

looks like the amazon thing will work out ok then, ill let her know. thanks a lot.

retro83
    Free Member

7digital.com sell albums in FLAC format. Annoyingly though it’s usually cheaper to get a phsyical copy and rip it yourself.

theotherjonv

I’ve bought amazon albums and they appear in a downloads folder. You then can copy them into your music folder and off the PC onto your phone or mp3 player, or whatever you use.

Not sure where they’ll go with my new chromebook though. Might try buying a single track tonight to see how that works (as per this thread I’m very much a try it and see learner)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chromebook-acer-c720-help

Beagleboy

Can’t you just buy the album on CD then put it on whatever device you want?

sadexpunk

7digital.com sell albums in FLAC format. Annoyingly though it’s usually cheaper to get a phsyical copy and rip it yourself.

oooh just too late unfortunately. shes bought the cd from amazon now and has downloaded the mp3s to chromebook and phone. (works fine theotherjonv) but itd have been cheaper to buy the flac only from 7digital.
    altho thinking about it i dont think her m8 would play flacs, so maybe for the best.

thanks

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It’s often cheaper to buy the cd and rip the files yourself than it is to buy the files. This way you can have whatever format of digital files you like and If you want to save a bit of cash you can always eBay the cd straight after you’ve ripped the files. if you’re happy enough with the Amazon auto rip files you can even sell the cd as unopened and get a couple of quid more for it.

sadexpunk

yeah tis true mate, but its not quite as easy with a chromebook. no cd/dvd slot for starters 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

If you want to save a bit of cash you can always eBay the cd straight after you’ve ripped the files

If you are going to breach the copyright why not just download it for free form a dodgy site?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Buy the cd and then create your own lossless FLAC files.

midlifecrashes

USB DVD drives are plenty cheap, £15-20. Might be worth keeping one around anyway for stuff like this.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just uploaded a copy to deezer via the ‘My MP3s’ bit so as I can still download it on my devices and stay within deezer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘buying albums in mp3 format’ is closed to new replies.