Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Buying Advice – Five Pro, Genius 20, Remedy 9.7 or Anthem X SL 0?
  • joeegg
    Free Member

I kicked myself for buying a 5.Yes,it was a bag of spanners.Giant all the way !(mines a Reign ).

snakebite
    Free Member

I’ve just sold my 2011 9.7 Remedy and am replacing with the Remedy 9. Kit on it as Rickon says is a big factor. I’ll probably stick some coil Lyriks on it as well, so weight is not really a factor, it will still come in under 30lbs. My 9 is en route to my LBS as i type!!!!

ryanw
    Free Member

Are you getting a 2012 Remedy or 2011?

How did you rate your 9.7?

snakebite
    Free Member

2012 Remedy 9, collecting it Monday afternoon. I had a 2010 Remedy 9 and upgraded it to the 9.7 carbon earlier this year. It was nice, light and stiff, but not noticeably better than the alu version. I toyed with another carbon one, but the kit on the 9 was the swinger!

AndreyE
    Free Member

I’d say the most versatile bike will be Trek Fuel EX/Giant Trance X. I’ve had both and though Giant pedals slightly better Fuel EX handles better and is overall more fun bike. Bear in mind it were ’09 models though, maybe newer DRCV shock on Fuel EX changed smth.

BTW, here:

http://paulscycles.co.uk/offers.php?cat=1

You can find some previous years’ models at a good price. I’d recommend GT Force Carbon as well – should be a very competent all around bike but you can’t find it at a good discount price and Paulscycles don’t have you size. Always wondered how this bike feels 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Buying Advice – Five Pro, Genius 20, Remedy 9.7 or Anthem X SL 0?’ is closed to new replies.