Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying Advice
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Eyup all,

I’m looking at buying a full-suss xc bike because my old hardtail is taking a beating, with a budget of 2k an Orange Five is just outside my range so I’m wondering if anyone on here knows of any decent packages anywhere at the mo?

I’ve got this reserved at a shop in Rotherham to go and check out at the wkend – http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/norco-fluid-lt-1-id46621.html

Any advice appreciated…

audiophile
    Free Member

The spec on the Norco is great for 2k but I would consider it overbiked for XC, especialy if you’re used to a hardtail. If I had 2 grand to blow I’d have a Whyte T120 right now.

Bregante

you say you’re after an xc bike but the LT is 160 mm travel. It does look very well specced but could it be “too much bike”. Only you can answer that really. Can you get a demo??

EDIT – beaten to it. I would say 120mm to 140mm at the most would be more of a trail/xc bike. Cannondale RZone20 might be worth a look, the Ghost AMR 5700 is a good buy at that price too.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

One of these maybe? – http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=162&xc5c7b=29hrsrd00efsgmqaj5lk1av6ovoaonbm

Again possibly too much bike but good for the money.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve ridden that model fluid, a great bike. Okay for “xc” rides as it weighed in under 30lbs, pedaled brilliantly, climbed brilliantly but it’s no xc bike. It’s just a hair off a dh bike, it was incredible when the trail pointed downward.

Northwind

That’s an XC bike is it?

Can’t really see past the Anthem X myself, it’s not a bargain but it’s got that bit of extra magic that not many bikes have. Wish I could make room in the garage for one.

billysugger
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

I’ve had a real good look at the Ghost AMR stuff but I guess this Norco just grabbed my attention because of the price reduction and the fact it’s a reduced bike that’s no Small or x-Small. I’m like that. Probably never even went on sale anywhere near 4k. I’ve always wanted something that I could chuck down any run and not worry about it falling apart but at the same time I want to be able to ride it to the top of the hill…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying Advice’ is closed to new replies.