Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Buying a wetsuit – talk to a numpty.
  • brack
    Free Member

;@)))

Loving all the dashboard surfers saying that he needs to spend over £100 to get a decent suit…

Get one that fits, is a relatively well known brand and I wouldn’t pay anymore than £50.

Decathlon would be fine

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Loving all the dashboard surfers saying that he needs to spend over £100 to get a decent suit…

🙂

You never know, I might be a natural.

purser_mark
    Free Member

I’ve been kitesurfing for a good many years now and this place has always offered good value suits, might be worth a look if you haven’t already checked it?
    Got my summer and winter suit from them and they’re still going strong.

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/index.php?gclid=CI6a6bKxxqkCFVJTfAoda1mVUw

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers p_m…somebody posted that link on page one. They do indeed seem like very good value. Only thing is the risk of it not fitting if I buy online. 😐

bikebouy
    Free Member

“dashboard surfers” (opens eyes), dillan.

TooTall
    Free Member

Get one that fits, is a relatively well known brand and I wouldn’t pay anymore than £50.

Decathlon would be fine

Says the bloke who was trying to buy a Karrimor rucksack from SportsDirect?

Like with bikes, there is a world of difference between the £50 summer hols stuff and the glued, blind stitched and taped custom wetsuits made with the latest neoprene.

You get what you pay for – and a full wetsuit isn’t very comfortable for kayaking – so decide what you want to do most. Buying in a wetsuit-heavy location like Newquay means you can get around and try a few suits on as they are all different. Buying mail order isn’t good if you want a good fit.

Big-C
    Free Member

Hi, probably not the right place to say but depending on what size you are after I’ve got a 2 year old billabong glued and blind stitched 3/2 suit in XL if you are interested send me an email, address in profile. Don’t want much for it.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Not sure I agree with the advice to get one thats tight. IMO When you start to paddle and then warm up your shoulders and arms pump up (with blood) and the suit will get even tighter. If its too tight youll be restricting blood flow and your arms will fatigue.

Get one that fits properly/snug but not tight. The idea is that its a wet suit, ie its big enough to let in a layer of water, but fitted enough that it doesnt get flushed or wrinkle up at your joints..

I have one of these Xcels. but its a 3/2, if its on the cold side i wear one of these or a regular thermal rash vest underneath.

the excel size chart is a pretty good guide. I was a but dubious about mail order but this chart did the job. MS will swap it for a different size so long as it hasn’t been used.

I was always a 5/3 in the uk or 6mm for winter in the north east. Now I live in warmer climes a 3/2 or a shortie for winter and boardies in summer.

What do people ride? Longboard or shortboard?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But that Xcel is £154 😯

I am able to look all-the-gear all by myself thanks 🙂

surfbabe
    Free Member

Boardwise in Edinburgh have a sale on. £100 is acceptible. You get what you pay for.

spaddywaddy
    Free Member

I purchased from these companies

Always great service.

buy wetsuits from freakfish surf shop

buy wetsuits from wetsuit centre

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Is that a tinned pork and ham substitute I can smell?

iDave
    Free Member

I bought from those places ^^^ and they were spammy **** who ripped me off, so there

nmdbase
    Free Member

1, Fit is everything, you should struggle to get in on in the changing room.
    2, Ripcurl suck balls
    3, Nearly new c-skins wired and xcel infiniti can be had for that price.
    4, Alder are infact damn good

We don’t have the option of 3/2 on the East cost, it’s freezing 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

2, Ripcurl suck balls

…and you get a wetsuit?

Seems like a bargain.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Optional extra 😉

nmdbase
    Free Member

Oh and make sure whatever you buy isn’t flatlocked seams, they need to be GBS- glued and blind stitched.

Probably not your size but they are great suits, I had one that lasted 4 years of regular use and I still got £90 as it was still looking near new.
    Look at their other items though, they have more.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-Skins-Mens-Wired-S2-3-2-Wetsuit-Size-XL-HALF-PRICE-/150681950463?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Wetsuits_WatersportsClothing_CA&hash=item23155818ff#ht_500wt_1127

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection. 😯

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Of course, real men just wear shorts and vest

spaddywaddy
    Free Member

Of course, real men just wear shorts and vest

Is that you water skiing with shorts and vest? Mid Feb? 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Buying a wetsuit – talk to a numpty.’ is closed to new replies.