Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Buying a used bike here
  • sambuka
    Free Member

How can I check it’s not stolen? Or money owed etc as per buying a used car…

somafunk

Search the sellers previous posting history, or stick a post up asking for info regarding the person/seller – most folk on here have been around for a while.

user-removed
    Free Member

Nothing’s set in stone though – I bought a bike from a regular poster which was basically a bag of shit. There ensued a pretty acrimonious paypal dispute – got a refund but had to fight every step of the way.

Even had to involve the local bike shop for an expert opinion – the report from them was, “This bike is a big bag of shit”.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have sold quite few bikes on there over the years and have all the receipts for them but only one person ever asked for it.If they cant prove they own it your in the lap of the gods maybe !!!!.

spacemonkey

My first purchase from the Classifieds was for an Enduro S-Works about 10 yrs ago. Top bloke as it turned out, but no real posting history as he’d given up riding for a year or so. Bought loads of other bits over the next 2-3 years without any issues other than delayed delivery. Things are a bit different these days though – do your due diligence and don’t be afraid to look up history and ask questions.

sbob
    Free Member

dobiejessmo – Member

Have sold quite few bikes on there over the years and have all the receipts for them but only one person ever asked for it.If they cant prove they own it your in the lap of the gods maybe !!!!.

Bingo.
    Ask for the original purchase receipt.
    Not fussed?
    Congratulations, you’re propagating bicycle theft.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Buying a used bike here’ is closed to new replies.