• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bbb.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Buying a Santa Cruz Superlight in London/Cambridge
  • rossburton
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m probably going to buy a Santa Cruz Superlight when the 2011 models have arrived, but I’m undecided whether I’m a medium or large frame (I’m six foot which is just large, but I want to check). So I really should actually sit on one before buying. Does anyone know any shops in central London (or Cambridge, but that’s really unlikely) that would have a Superlight I can try out (or even better, is selling 2010 Superlights at a discount)?

Thanks,
    Ross

Andy

Mountaintrax in Crowthorne aren’t too far. I bought my Superlight from them, because they were happy for me to take a few demo bikes out (Swinley is a couple of miles down the road) and also gave me quite a good discount too. Worth the journey IMO

Pauly

You could do a lot worse than call Greg @ Moose Cycles in Colliers Wood.
    Stocks Santa Cruz amongst others, and knows his onions.

Andy

Oh there is Biketrax in Brentwood too. Pretty good as well.

Markjbanks
    Free Member

+1 for mountaintrax going to buy my santa cruz from them tomorrow, always happy to help you with great customer service

dekadanse
    Free Member

Re size, Santas are notoriously ‘small’ for their size. I had a a size L Superlight 2 years ago and it was too small. I now have an XL and it’s just right – and I am also 6′ (with 33″ inside leg.) Admittedly mine is an 06 frame, but I don’t think their sizing has altered.

Re shops, why not try the Santa UK website for stockists? I’d be very surprised if neither London nor Cambridge (or both) didn’t have more than one SC stockist. Cambs is actually stuffed with bike shops as it’s a bike city – but with distinct roadie/student bias, as that’s where the business is, and the local terrain is a little less than challenging!

rossburton
    Free Member

@dekadanse: the Santa UK stockists list only has three in the London area (all of which have been mentioned now I think), and nothing in all of East Anglia. As a resident of East Anglia I can understand why road/hybrid bikes are more popular but some of like the challenge of finding hills!

I also hear that the new (’07-) SL has a redesigned frame, at least the BikeRadar reviewer said he was a large in the old frame but medium in the new.

I was hoping there’d be some stockists in central London, I’m only in London once a week for work. Maybe I’ll take a trip down to Moose after work one day.

KT1973
    Free Member

I’m 6ft tall and mine is large.
    Fnarr fnarr

Luther
    Free Member

+5 for Greg at Moose Cycles.

The shop is in Colliers Wood which is about 30 minutes on the Northern Line from Kings Cross (if you were coming in on the train from north of London).

Zoolander
    Free Member

I bought a superlight before Christmas and chatted To the guy at moose – who was indeed helpful , I got it from stif in the end mind as they were the only ones with stock. Not to say that stif weren’t helpful mind but the guy at moose is worth a shout.
    For what it’s worth though – you’ll need a large.

rossburton
    Free Member

Everyone says large, I might as well just order a large from Stif now!

I was going to get the D XC kit with the RP23 upgrade. Any advice for other “essential” upgrades?

grantway
    Free Member

Hi Mate BikeTrax in Wanstead has Two Superlight test bikes
    3 min walk from station. this is on the Central Line.
    Not far from Epping forest so can test the bike there.

strangertothelight
    Free Member

They are a bit out of cambridge, but try Rutland Cycling (based in Rutland or Grafham). They are the only shop that I know of anywhere near cambridge that actually sell REAL bikes and not crappy ones.
    The people at Rutland Cycling are a great bunch of blokes (from my experience) and generally really helpful.

bbb
    Free Member

If you are 6′ then the large is your size:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Buying a Santa Cruz Superlight in London/Cambridge’ is closed to new replies.