• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mega.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Buying a Mondeo
  • zippykona

Has anyone gone from a 1.8 petrol old style to the later 2.0 petrol later style?
    How does the m.p.g differ much , does it feel much bigger?

olly2097
    Free Member

Got a late (07) mk3 derv. Its awesome. No problems yet. Frugal. Toys. Filthy cheap.

2.2 titanium x with 75k miles for 3.5k. Bargain.

No diesel love?

Pre late 2003 cars are not the updated interior or bumpers etc. Facelifted again in 2005 (subtle changes)

No idea about 07 onwards.

olly2097
    Free Member

Oh. I just re read. Youre buying a mk4. Sorry!

willej

Not exactly but I used to have a 2001 MK3 2.0 Zetec and have just got a 2009 MK4 2.0 Titanium. The engine is pretty much the same, as is MPG, mine both average(d) 34-36. The 2.0 has a bit more poke than the 1.8, you should feel a difference. The MK4 does feel bigger and is bigger inside and out. The MK4 is a much nicer place to be and drives superbly. I looked at a few different ones before buying. Definitely go for a Titanium over a Zetec, much more comfy and a lot less bright silver trim on the dash. A lot of people don’t find the seats as comfy in the MK4s. I ended up paying £6750 for mine, having only done 40k miles, with a full main dealer history.

mega
    Free Member

this is a completely unhelpful post….

the thread just below this one when I loaded up STW is entitled ‘buying a dream car’

made me chuckle 😀
    STW covers all aspects of life

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dream-cars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buying a Mondeo’ is closed to new replies.