Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buying a full-face in Edinburgh
  • andrewh
    Free Member

I live in South Lincolnshire and no-one round here sells full face helmets, very little demand for them here in the flatlands. However I will be in Edinburgh next week and hope to be able to get one there.
    It is the kind f thing I would like to try on rather than just buy off the interweb.
    Which shop in Edinburgh has the most to choose from? I would like to try loads on as I’ve no idea really what I’m looking for. I have a load of 661 stuff, knee, shin pads etc, just bought it because it’s comfy rather than any other reason, any Edinburgh shops have 661 helmets?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt you’ll find many.

Try calling the shops.

The internet has killed this market for physical shops.

RobHilton
    Free Member

How far are you from Rutland Cycles? That was my nearest place when I had to get a FF in a hurry a few years ago. They had THE & TLD at the time.

andrewh
    Free Member

Didn’t think of them, I’m about 30 miles north of them. Got some TLD gloves which I really like so the helmets should be worth a look.

Northwind

Edinburgh Bicycle might have Deviants, they used to. One of the Alpines had Fox Rampages last time I was in.

TBH one of the best ways to try helmets these days is to seek out somewhere that does free returns like CRC- no risk if it doesn’t fit.

andrewh
    Free Member

I could do that Northwind, but partly it’s a pain having to send stuff back, possibly several times, and also it’s tricky to try stuff back to back to get a decent comparison.
    I know the interweb will probably be the cheapest option but it’s stuff like this where I’m happy to pay the LBS premium to try things before I buy.
    Any of the bike shops in Innerleithen got a good selection in?

raisinhat
    Free Member

Order some to collect from evans, try them on in the store, and return any you don’t like then and there. You won’t find anything other than the cheapest 661 FF in any of the shops in Edinburgh. The only place that might have some good ones would be alpine bikes down in inners.

tpbiker
    Free Member

i bought mine from Alpine bikes in stockbridge. They had a few different ones…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buying a full-face in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.