Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Buying a digital camera in China, would you?
  • mysterymove
    Free Member

I'm in the market for a new SLR, mines kinda had enough after circumnavigating the globe 5ish times, been biking too often and thrown in the back of a kayak on a regular basis.

I'm out in the far east in the next couple of months with work, would you spend 1k on a Canon 7D with a couple of new lens's from a Chinese shop saving a 1/3ish over UK prices?

Ok, No warrenty, any other pro's / con's?

BoardinBob

Why no warranty? 😕

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Canon Warranty I'd have thought. Logic would say it should be fine, after all, it's all made there, so you could argue there will be less chance of transit damage….

tails
    Free Member

No reason why not, as log as the warranty is good for europe and you buy it from a official place. Beware though that the chinese are masters of copying from well known fakes such as rolex watches even to cigarettes, so I would not be surprised if they copied cameras.

BigDummy
    Free Member

saving a 1/3ish over UK prices

Won't somebody think of the middle-men?

Dudie
    Free Member

Camera warranty won't be valid in UK, lens warranties will. Also consider the liklihood of getting knobbled for VAT and duty when you attempt to smuggle it into the UK.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Buying a digital camera in China, would you?’ is closed to new replies.