Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Buying a diesel van now – foolish?
  • cozz
    Free Member

cheers, was gonna start my own rant thread, but then thought id tag it on to this one

rant over

kilo

Motorbikes get a kicking too but black cabs are exempt 😕

jimjam
    Free Member

cozz

so now we are going to be charged to drive diesel vehicles into most major UK cities. So I need a new van, you can only get a transit van with diesel engines. We should have choices available in our purchases, so we can avoid this extortion. Can i buy a LPG version? – NO Can I buy an electric version? NO Can I buy a petrol engined one? – NO

I agree with the sentiment of your rant it but it’s safe to assume legislators will be talking to companies as big as Ford/VW/GM etc before they pull these ideas out of their ass.

And also, there are electric vans available out there, as well as previous gen petrol and LPG Transits and other vans, and what’s more you can of course get any future petrol van converted to LPG should you so wish. But as I said back there it’s only a thing because of UK tax laws. Petrol vans and pickups are common in most other places. Rather than create/force a market for hybrid vans they could simply offer a commercial tax rate for large petrol engined commercial vehicles and offer existing vehicles for sale in the uk.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Mercedes have been doing Hybrid Vito vans for a while.
    We have also worked on an all electric 7.5t trucks, used for freight into and around Bristol and Bath.
    The drivers said they were great but they do get loads of pedestrians stepping out in front of them.
    Man with red flag required to walk ahead of them possibly?

stavromuller
    Free Member

I believe this van has a petrol engine but not sure about it’s “eco” credentials.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Trouble is, this is what your price range gets you.

F100

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Buying a diesel van now – foolish?’ is closed to new replies.