Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Buying a bird on cyclescheme?
  • blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Im sure i read somewhere about someone doing this. Is it possible?

Thanks

wwaswas

Louise?

RobHilton
    Free Member

You’re more likely to be able to buy a bike on cyclescheme.

HTHs

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

ill take a louise. I knew one once but shes now married to my best mate.

I meant the bike brand just to clear up the confusion.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Think so, give them a ring.

sv

Yes you can.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Yep my zero is on the scheme. Think there was a fee of £100 to pay.

scarlett
    Free Member

I finally got my voucher through yesterday – it took 4 flippin’ weeks – and ordered my Zero AM last night. Not convinced I’ve picked the right spec but after waiting 4 weeks for the voucher, and having sold my old full suss a few weeks ago, I’m just pretty desperate to get a bike! Only good thing is that in the 4 weeks I had to wait a small yellow frame became available so I bagged that… 🙂

Just waiting on Bird getting in touch to sort out the payment details 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes I got my Bird Zero through the halfords scheme. In fact I was the first person to do it and halfords/bird set it up when I wanted one 2 years ago. So you can thank me for your cheap birds 🙂

mackenru

So how does that work when the Cycle Scheme has a limit of £1000 – do you just pay the difference and hope there isn’t a “future debate” about who owns the bike?

Gary_M
    Free Member

So how does that work when the Cycle Scheme has a limit of £1000 – do you just pay the difference and hope there isn’t a “future debate” about who owns the bike?

I just paid Bird the additional amount directly. I’m not expecting a future debate about ownership. My initial 12 month agreement ended 18 months ago and I’ve heard nothing from my employer or halfords since then. I believe the plan was to switch to an ‘extended hire period’ but I’ve not received any details.

mackenru

Thanks Gary, I may have a look at doing this.

For the first 4 years this is a hire process so your employer will own £1000 worth of your bike and you’ll own the rest. What should happen after that is that the £1000 should move, for a nominal fee, to you scheme you used for the remaining 3 years and then you own the “entire” bike.

I just didn’t realise you can offset a chunk of the bike to Cycle Scheme as opposed to all of it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Buying a bird on cyclescheme?’ is closed to new replies.