Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Buying a bike from Canada + shipping
  • volatilemike
    Free Member

Has anyone done this?

Just looking for some cost info to see whether its worth doing.

Are there customs charges to pay on top?

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-the-United-Kingdom/
    Use the calculator there. You pay Duty on the price + shipping then VAT on the lot.

scotroutes

Import Duty 15%
    VAT 20%

Plus handling fee, shipping, insurance

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teasel
    Free Member

Haven’t bought a bike but some lovely carbon barends (even more carboness as they travelled half the globe to get to me) from Canada. shipping was as expected and can be found on the Canada Post website, as that’s probably who’ll take on the job. Customs charges applied.

It worked out cheaper than the first set from Germany I previously purchased a few years prior.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I used that site. got quoted 1300 quid, So it pretty much is not worth it conisidering the cost of the bike would be another £1000 on top. Probably cheaper to get a flight a bring it back myself! 😯

Sui
    Free Member

Go have a holiday to Whsitler or somewhere, buy bike, get it dirty then bring it back.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Well I’m actually looking to buy this bike for Whistler next year 😀 as I need a DH bike for the bike park. I could always get one when I get over there but I would like to ride it for a while before I go over there and get used to a DH bike.

Still its an excuse to go there this year aswell as next year!

BearBack
    Free Member

Sounds like a great plan.
    Book onto our whistler experience package, have it shipped you us and I’ll be here when you arrive 😉
    Build it up then let our guides give you our progressive guiding to get you into the best trails at the right time.

volatilemike
    Free Member

Dont worry, I’m already booking with Bear back biking for the trip next year!

BearBack
    Free Member

Good stuff!

Canadian affair have £398 return flights from Gatwick right now for September 2014 dates.
    How keen are you to get that DH bike 😉

nicko74

Can’t really recommend shipping from Canada, tbh – Canada Post charge extortionate rates. Fedex would be cheaper, although still pretty pricey.

As above, if you can take the time out, best bet is to collect it in person – or ask a friend to do so.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Buying a bike from Canada + shipping’ is closed to new replies.