Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • buying 9 zero 7 frame from USA ?
  • nimo
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea of buying a 9 zero 7 fat bike frame from the states. what do i have to do about duty etc.? anyone done it ? how did it work out?

matt_outandabout

druidh to the forum..

jota180
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

Hi

druidh
    Free Member

The guys at Chain Reaction/Fatbikes.com are well versed in dealing with exports. They’ll box it up and send it via USPS. In addition to their price, you’ll pay 3.7% import duty and 20% VAT. These are both worked out on the value of the frame plus postage and insurance. You’ll likely get a card through the door when it arrives in the UK. You can pay the outstanding taxes online. and then it’ll be delivered to you.

I believe they are keen to get rid of the 2012 135mm frames so you might get a good price if that’s what you are after.

nimo
    Free Member

thanks for the info. I will contact chainreaction fatbike and see what happens. druidh, how do you like the frame? I think i will go for the 170 inline one. i am after a fatbike for allround use so i need it to be as light as possible.

druidh
    Free Member

135mm/170mm will make no difference to weight.

I bought a 135 as I planned to used an Alfine hub (it also means you can use any standard 135mm hub). However, if I was doing it again I’d go 170mm.

The bike is great. Mine comes in around 31 pounds but folk are managing lighter with fewer gears etc (I run 2×10). I originally got switched on to the idea for winter but it’s actually my “default” trail bike now. Have a good think about rim and tyre combos as they will make a big difference to weight and to floatation/rolling resistance.

P1160474 by Andrea & Rick, on Flickr

peajay

Also interested in this, love the look of the 9 zero 7, think the on one fat bike will need a proper look though,
    PJ.

druidh
    Free Member

Since you’ll not get a chance to try before you buy, be careful with sizing. If you are “in-between” then take advantage of the low-slung top tube to err on the larger side., I’m 5’7″ and that photo above shows me on a medium.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘buying 9 zero 7 frame from USA ?’ is closed to new replies.