Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Buying 15 bikes
  • womp
    Free Member

Hi

Just a quick poll, our company is buying 15 bikes for ‘general use’ which includes site to site journeys (we are linked by a 15 mile stretch of bridle way) the bikes will also be made available for our numerous charity bike rides (generally off road)

The purchase must be from Evans or Halfords

The budget is £500 per bike

Thoughts ?

riddoch

Stick with their relevent own brand, let them brand them up and get more for your money?
    The pinnacle ramin seems to get good reviews and was on my shortlist for a new bike (went for a sale genesis instead).
    When my company was opening a new site management were very negative on getting some company bikes, health and safety I think was the excuse. I’d be interested in hearing how the scheme does.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Might be a bit of a stretch but specialized rockhopper a are on offer to 600 from 650
    But as your buying 15 you’d want a discount of somsort

prawny

Some kind of Carrera hybrid for that money/purpose I’d say. Nothing fancy.

Mackem
    igm

I assume you want the option of a pannier rack to carry tools/ briefcases – doesn’t look like the Ramin has mounts for that.

Pity it has to be Evans/Halfords , because this is nice Beinn 29

riddoch

The Ramin I looked at has one set of mounts, not sure if they were intended for rack out guards.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Normal MTB wheels’ not 29ers
    Some accountant won’t like it when you can’t get a cheap tyre from the local iron mongers.
    Evans more likely to be into a discount that Halfords and also more likely to provide an own brand at good value. Helmets? Hi Viz?

njee20
    Free Member

Normal 26″ MTB wheels’ not 29ers normal MTB wheels

FTFY 😉

boxelder

Bet they won’t wear many tyres out

geoffj

Alfine, guards, PPE & locks

igm

Normal MTB wheels’ not 29ers
    Some accountant won’t like it when you can’t get a cheap tyre from the local iron mongers.

Hybrid tyres, 700c – pretty readily available at reasonable prices

shermer75
    Free Member

My mate had a Carrera Subway, it was a good, solid bike. Just make sure it has a quick release seat post collar! 🙂

br
    Free Member

we are linked by a 15 mile stretch of bridle way

Can we bet on how many people actually use one of your new bikes and ride between the two sites in working hours? 😉

daveh
    Free Member

Pinnacle. I’ve got a (modified 😀 ) Ramin One and its a good bike, i’d be looking more at the Lithiums though for what you describe. Love this colour: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/lithium-three-2014-hybrid-bike-ec054694.

prawny

I was just in Evans and was going to say the lithiums looked perfect. Some of them are only £350 and looked decent enough.

hora
    Free Member

OP are you public or private sector? (could be a possible way)

womp
    Free Member

Thank you all for your input some good advice

– The EHS dept are cool with the idea probably as the manager is a biker and it helps with the environmental side of things

– the consensus is that we will go for a front suspension bike

– 29ers are ok

– hi-vis, helmets, locks, PPE ect are in separate budget so £500 is bike only

– good point on the QR, though we can order after

– i think we are set on MTB’s instead of hybrids

jameso

Womp, PM me at james.olsen at evanscycles.com and I’ll put you in contact with the guy in charge of R2W and coroporate purchases to see what we can do.

almightydutch
    Free Member

15 miles….that’s quite a distance for slack arsed office dwellers 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Buying 15 bikes’ is closed to new replies.