Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Buxumbox Ventoux – anyone got one?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Seems these have been around a while. Any long term reviews? Anyone use one for a mountain bike and can they be used with thru axles?

Onzadog
    Free Member

No one?

scaredypants

too heavy

Onzadog
    Free Member

Heavy, but not too heavy. 15kg case on a 32kg weight limit still allows for a 37lbs bike.

scaredypants

ah, you must be one of the posh people

BA / Virgin cattle class are both 23kg total before extra charges or “no you can’t” kick in

Onzadog
    Free Member

Easyjet have a 32kg luggage limit.

scaredypants

oh, dear God – he’s one of the poor people !

😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I just go with the biggest luggage allowance.

I might have been in the executive lounge a time or two though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No mountain bikers using them then?

TheGingerOne

I doubt many can justify spending that much on something they might use once or twice a year at most.

Certainly more faff, but my £60 Ground Effect bag along with pipelagging and cardboard has served me well for many years with touchwood no issues bar a dent in the downtube when returning from New Zealand caused by a badly packed bag (my fault and lesson learnt). It also stores far more easily (about the size of an old yellow pages) and is also used in the car sans pipe lagging and cardboard.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve never had a bike damaged so far. It’s more that my evoc bag is looking mullered after 3 holidays. I’m just thinking I might,

A feel happier with a hard car and
    B it might be cheaper in the long run.

TheGingerOne

If the bag is looking mullered, but not actually broken, then it is doing it’s job. If it is mullered to the state where it will stop protecting the bike in the way intended, then fair enough.

A scruffy bag that stills works for x more trips is cheaper than a £800 box.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Reinforced section to protect wheels and forks have been pierced and there are holes in the fabric and one of the aluminium runners underneath has come away at the front.

It’s more than scuffs and marks, those are to be expected.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s probably academic as they’ve not answered my questions about through axles anyway.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Buxumbox Ventoux – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.