Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buxton locals or TV transmitter experts – TV signal
  • hammerite
    Free Member

My sister in law is from Buxton. When we were up staying with her in Buxton a couple of months ago she mentioned that the Freeview signal on her TV in her bedroom seems to drop out late at night (Sky downstairs is fine).

She’s come to visit us and has asked me about her signal again. She couldn’t sleep one night so was watching TV, she seems to think it cuts out at 2.30am. She has a theory that they just shut down the transmitter at 2.30am! From looking at reception maps she probably connects to the Burbage transmitter, but it could be the Buxton transmitter.

Any TV experts or locals able to share local knowledge?

dmorts

It might be taken off air at that time for maintenance

Found this and this via Google

Transmitter engineering
    4:31 AM

BUXTON transmitter – Freeview: HD Digital TV Off Air from 02:40 today to 02:49 today. [BBC]

Looks like 2:40am is a choice time for maintenance

hammerite
    Free Member

Would that be maintenance every night though?

BigJohn

Does the EPS or guide get updated around that time? Maybe the box is incapable of multi tasking.

hammerite
    Free Member

She doesn’t think so Big John. I’ve asked her to check the other TVs at the same time.

alpin
    Free Member

Buxom locals?

Disappointed.

dmorts

Would that be maintenance every night though?

Doesn’t look like it, but is she checking every night? Seems to me like maintenance is the answer.

hammerite
    Free Member

No dmorts she doesn’t check every night, but it has happened a few times when she’s not been able to sleep. She thinks that it’s money saving and they’re switching the transmitter off which just sounds like madness to me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buxton locals or TV transmitter experts – TV signal’ is closed to new replies.