Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Butch Lesbian Type
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Is that an acceptable way to describe someone without malice?

I’ve been asked to describe someone I don’t know to their boss (purely for identification) for some customer service feedback. They don’t wear name tags and there’s a small chance the person I’m describing might actually be the Boss, rather than someone I’m just trying to describe to her.

I’ve tried to write it 3 or 4 different ways and they all sound mean, she was normal height, white/European, more muscular than average, slightly heavier than average (pot, kettle etc) fair haired, but short-back-and-sides style and spoke with a gruff voice. They wear uniforms so there’s nothing to go on there and whilst I don’t remember her eye colour, it seems silly to go to that level of detail to dance around some more obvious traits.

Also the feedback is negative, but not terrible (they asked me, I’m not moaning) so I don’t want to sound like I’m homophobic or some misogynist who’s having a dig because she doesn’t conform or some nonsense.

vxrob
    Free Member

she was normal height, white/European, more muscular than average, slightly heavier than average (pot, kettle etc) fair haired, but short-back-and-sides style and spoke with a gruff voice.

sorry but that sounds like a good way and not mean ??

jekkyl

No you can’t say that, it’s defo derogatory. How about stocky build with short hair.

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Heavier set and more of a masculine build than you would expect for a woman” (hides behind parapet)

fionap

Yeah it doesn’t sound very appropriate.
    Maybe go for more of a police-report type description e.g. ’30s white female, about 5’5, short light hair, average build’.

jekkyl

with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

chewkw
    Free Member

I see no problem in the description but perhaps that’s my understanding … not sure stereotyping or not. If it might be a problem then perhaps you want to describe her as woman with a male gender look or behaviour? Yes?

fionap – Member
    Yeah it doesn’t sound very appropriate.
    Maybe go for more of a police-report type description e.g. ’30s white female, about 5’5, short light hair, average build’.

Average build in the GeordieLand is heavy. 😛

matt_outandabout

“Wears comfortable shoes”

scaredypants

how can this not be a hora thread ? 😯

aracer
    Free Member

CountZero

matt_outandabout – Member
    “Wears comfortable shoes”

P-Jay
    Free Member

Thanks all,

I’ve been trying the write the bloody thing all day between jobs and I think I couldn’t see the wood for the trees.

I’ll going with “stocky women with short hair”.

sweepy
    Free Member

‘Have you seen prisoner cell block h’

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

so I don’t want to sound like I’m homophobic or some misogynist who’s having a dig because she doesn’t conform or some nonsense.

really? You would never have guessed.

shadowfax

How about “fond of a bit of scissoring” or “afraid of warm willys”.

🙄

alpin
    Free Member

“an east german shot-puttering fanny licker?”

Cougar

I’m not sure as you can – or should – be ascertaining someone’s sexuality based on looks. Would “beardy Muslim type” be acceptable?

You’ve said you’ve struggled with a description, then described her perfectly well to us in the next paragraph without the need to draw parallels to a lazy stereotype. TBH, “lass with short cropped blonde hair” is probably sufficient for identification purposes unless it’s from a huge team.

RustySpanner

Is it that hard to describe someone without bringing their sexuality into it?

ninfan
    Free Member

“Aggressive looking”?

wwaswas

“Doesn’t want to buy a whole pig to get a bit of sausage”

?

SaxonRider

I think any reference to a person’s sexuality – real or supposed – is unhelpful, as it perpetuates the problem exhibited on both ‘sides’ of the human sexuality debate that identifies a person with what they may or may not do in bed.

People are a hundred things before they are sexual things. If you know what I mean.

RustySpanner

Edited, repetition.

shadowfax

“Doesn’t want to buy a whole pig to get a bit of sausage”

?

Made me lol anyway.

schmiken

IBTB.

Nothing helpful to add.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Any help?

[video]https://youtu.be/1rEBtpWQ7x8[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

He-man in a dress

andyrm
    Free Member

“You’ve seen Rocky right? Well she looked like Dolf Lundgren in it”.

Job done. No derogatory remarks, just a likeness to help illustrate……

Let us know how you get on!!!

cranberry
    Free Member

“Unattractive enough that the sisterhood wouldn’t get their knickers in a twist if she were advertising shin pads”.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Butch Lesbian Type’ is closed to new replies.