Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Busted Riding Cheeky Trails! Biker-Walker Conflict in the NE!
  • Kahurangi

OMG thought I’d share the trauma (cheaper than therapy)

A few weeks back I was early for my wedensday night ride so nipped out for an hour ebfore the rendezvous. Took the FP out along the Tyne to enjoy the swoopyness and get buzzed by the nettles.

Near the end I caught up with a woman who was walking away from me.. would she see me? Would she notice me? Do I use the noisy freehub or the bell?

The trail narrowed with bushes and trees on the sides. As I would have to slow down to pass anyway, I decided to slow right down, then use the ‘Pro 2 buzz’ while within earshot to give her time to move aside… if I was lucky.

She head me, stopped and turned.

“Hello!” said I, and shot her a dazzling smile. Like this —–> 🙂 except sweatier.

“Hello.” She replied with a smile of her own and stepped to the side.

“Thank you!” I grinned and rode past. Not too fast and giving as wide a berth as I could.

I was just in time to see the colours and epic skies from High Warden as the sun was going down. I chased the last of the light on the way down the grassy hillside.

A week later we were in the Lakes and remarked on the walkers there and how we would regularly get a mouthful* from them as they moved over for us.

* of encouragement

🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

You think that was bad, I was delayed getting my tea the other week after I got caught up one HELL of a disagreement as I met a youch couple, you know the type late twenties, on a short break. As coincidence would have it I was taking in a short section of river side cheekiness. It went on for a while before in the end, just to get on, I gave in and went first. But I still maintain it would have made more sense for them to go first. But they were adamant, stepped right off the footpath, and INSISTED i should go first. Some people are so stubborn it defies reason… 🙄

rickmeister

Ah, the power of nice chat and a cheery hi there, works wonders in getting people on side, as does a lot of “Thanks”, slowing for horses, stopping to pat dogs and generally being friendly and engaging…

If your after an argument you’ll probably get one !

And if any more twunts hurtle unnanounced to sit on my back wheel and then buzz it repeatedly and only say something and become animated when brake checked and they crash….

Ha ha ha . No sympathy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Busted Riding Cheeky Trails! Biker-Walker Conflict in the NE!’ is closed to new replies.