• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Busted Hi-fi help
  • Euro
    Free Member

I got my old Rotel pre/power amps back from my dad today and spotted the dopey lump has broken a couple of bits off the back of the power amp. I’m hoping i can order new bits and fix it but i’m not sure what they are called or if they can they be swapped out. So what are the red + black bits called and can i replace them fairly easily? (pic attached of similar amp – it’s things the speaker banana plugs go into).

leffeboy

4mm post?. Might be something like this but you will need to look inside to be sure http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-terminal-post-with-large-handle-red-n50aq

You will probably need to be able to solder to change them but takes look inside first

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers Leffeboy. Spent most of yesterday looking for an old amp i could borrow the bits from but no joy. So I took it apart and it’s not how i imagined it inside and these posts aren’t replaceable on their own.

Did manage to bodge a temp fix last night and was chuffed to have clear and crisp music again 😀 but had to keep it pretty low as it was well after midnight when i got the old girl all wired up.

Woke up this morning after thinking about a more permanent solution to my bodge and stuck on some tunes while a prepped the bits. Turned up the volume and POP! No more amp 😆

Got a budget replacement today so that’s as good as fixed 😛

They say these things come in threes right? My laptop screen has decided today is the day go all gooey and liney so i’m hoping the amp thing counts as two…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Busted Hi-fi help’ is closed to new replies.