Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Busted for eating a bowl of cereal whilst driving through Edinburgh at 35mph
  • andyl
    Free Member

I know, don’t seem to list kerb weight and max laden weight which I assume is ‘gross’. I guess about 1100-1300ish + driver etc. What’s 2-300kg when comparing to a pedestrian or cyclist?

pocketrocket
    Free Member

seavers – Member
    I can’t wait for Google Glass.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24757224

RichPenny
    Free Member

Kerb weight was less than 1.1 ton, so still 10-15 times more than a bike even if driven by a stick insect with no luggage. Does seem bloody heavy for a small car, remember my Seicento being 700kg.

jag61

i think there is a case in court at the mo.after a lad was allegedly called some rude names by some other lads came back with his car ran them down using car as a weapon. I wonder how that will go in comparison with using a car as a weapon against a cyclist? might it set a positive precedent.

spud-face

i think there is a case in court at the mo.after a lad was allegedly called some rude names by some other lads came back with his car ran them down using car as a weapon. I wonder how that will go in comparison with using a car as a weapon against a cyclist? might it set a positive precedent.

Here’s a lovely example of similar.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Didn’t he get 20 years?

Junkyard
    Free Member

WTF

She drove her car whilst pissed driving over someone TWICE deliberatedly – one fo them returning to do so
    She then lied about it being stolen
    Sentence guess anyone!

Ratcliffe, aged 24, of Beverston Road, Tipton, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm, dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol and attempting to pervert the course of justice. Ms Paula Bagnall, defending, told the court that Ratcliffe, who is a mother of two, was deeply remorseful and very grateful that the victim was not seriously injured.

10 months sentence

How is that 10 months 😯

jag61

Hadnt seen any of the above cases but point still is no bikes involved in the tipton case so her 10 months could have been avoided if lad was on a bike at the time there are some proper scumbags out there. we are all doomed 🙁

lazybike
    Free Member

How is that 10 months

Surely the victim can appeal against that sentance, how do judges come to these decisions.

jamiep
    Free Member

Edinburgh police twitter

“We have traced and charged a male following enquiries into a YouTube video of a male driving whilst eating cereal. #carelessdriving”

wwaswas

Result.

martinhutch

This is our friend Raging Bike again. Didn’t agree with him last week on getting into a pointless barney with the coppers and posting it to youtube, or menacing some foolish scooterist, but good on him for this result.

downshep

Result indeed – potential cereal killer that….

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Busted for eating a bowl of cereal whilst driving through Edinburgh at 35mph’ is closed to new replies.