Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Business plan advice
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Morning, I am writing a business plan to try and gain investment into my idea. However I am a simple man, and am just trying to understand whether quantity is more important than quality. I.e I need to write down the aims of my business etc on the template I am using and i feel I haven’t written enough. Does it need to be war and peace on the plans or should it be simple to the point but informative?

sandwicheater

We set up a business recently and was surprised when the bank manager just jumped to our cash flow and profit/loss spreadsheets. We had about 20 pages of research/data and gumph and they barely looked at it.

I think it will help to be as informative as possible but spend your time/effort of the financials.

nickjb
    Free Member

The basic plan should be pretty simple. You should be able to sum up your main aim in a short sentence. There can be a few pages of meat behind that in terms of how you plan to achieve it and some numbers to back it all up. Investors like numbers (realistic ones).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rockape63
    Free Member

As sandwicheater suggests, the bones of any business is the profit. You need to be able to show that you will be making enough profit within a short time that will pay all your costs and salaries. After that the rest is mere filling!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Awesome cheers for the advice everyone!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Business plan advice’ is closed to new replies.