Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Business opportunity on the Quantocks ?
  • oldfart

Now i know it wouldn't make a fortune but….
    Couldn't someone offer cheap wholesome grub like Stella used to ?Not beyond possibility surely?Combined with selling bike spares maybe running repairs ? Hell could even diversify and welcome ramblers as well !!!!Anyone come to mind ?
    Failing that i'm thinking of getting a camping stove and the makings and doing my own cream tea .Bollox to the rip off merchants at Combe House and the grumpy barsteward at the Plough !
    At least Penny ? at the tea van is approachable.
    Would be nice to have somewhere inside for the winter though 😀

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Home-made flapjacks and bike washing facilities for a couple of quid?

simonralli2
    Free Member

I guess I'm quite lucky having cafes and bike shops at Ae, Mabie and Kirroughtree. Especially handy as there is someone there to sort your bike out when you get there and realise you can't change gear at all 🙂 And you can have a cuppa while they are doing it.

jam-bo

Nice idea but I think the site stella's was on sold for £600k ish. Would have to sell a awful lot of cream teas to knottie….

knottie8
    Free Member

I like toasted tea cakes too although today I'll take a packed lunch .

trailmonkey

this is what you need, £1 for a cup of Mellow Birds and service with a sneer. marvelous.

jam-bo

i got it wrong, it sold for £470k. almost cheap enough to make it viable….

sharki
    Free Member

I've wanted to do this since Stella left, even offered the combe house the trade…if the hotel closes the man in the house next to the quarry said he'd do it..Other than that i dunno.

If the go ahead to build stuff in greatwood and cockercombe happens then perhaps it'll pave a way for a cafe, etc in Ramscombe area, drawing off the families that use the picnic area too…however SSC,SDC,AONB,FC, English heritage, english nature, etc would be unlikely to fund and or grant permission for such an establishment due to the Area's status as an AONB SSSI

tangent
    Free Member

glad it wasn't just me who sometimes finds the plough a little unmellow…it still makes me smile when i remember the time i ordered a round + hoped to fill my water bottle also!!! genius. I've had enjoyable times on the other side of the hill at the Carew Arms, although I ear that may have chanegd hands since i was last in the area? goodluck with the grub thing if you go for it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Business opportunity on the Quantocks ?’ is closed to new replies.