Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • business class to new york
  • juanking

Business on BA is OK but recently one thing they have done that has wound me up is their ‘upgrade’ to the entertainment system. Previously (and still on some flights) there was Video On Demand system which basically meant you could start to watch any film at anytime rather than having to wait for the loop to restart. As for the food, it mediocre at best and the usual ‘beef’ option is normally ok however TBH I try to eat in the airport first then drink/sleep on the flight.
    I fly to the West coast, South America, Canada and Alaska multiple times a year and generally speaking if things go rat shit BA will look after you.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Have you booked the BA tickets yet? If you are paying for Club/Business, consider flying out of London City to JFK with them – you get a (albeit smaller) plane with just club seats – quick stopover in Shannon to do the immigration stuff and when you arrive in New York you don’t wait in any massive queue – worth the money in itself sometimes.

stewartc
    Free Member

Captain – New Cathay 1st class seats/beds are good having been lucky to experience them on the 3am Mumbai to HKG redeye after staff felt pity for my sorry state while waiting for 5 hours for the flight!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Obvious troll is obvious.

Not really but my wife does fly for them (up front in the hot seat) so I am 100% biased.

-m-
    Free Member

Not quite sure why anyone would fly from the UK to New York via the Middle East, but that doesn’t seem to stop people suggesting it’s a good idea!

Business on BA is OK but recently one thing they have done that has wound me up is their ‘upgrade’ to the entertainment system. Previously (and still on some flights) there was Video On Demand system which basically meant you could start to watch any film at anytime rather than having to wait for the loop to restart.

The AVOD system is the upgrade, however BA have some planes where this system can’t be retrofitted due to the wiring system installed. One of the plus points with BA is that in long haul business you are guaranteed a fully-flat bed, but in some cases that might still come with an in-seat entertainment system whose screen is smaller than the one on your smartphone. Flying to JFK you should generally be OK though as it tends to avoid the really bad aircraft…

London City to JFK is interesting if you want to be different – and is the only BA route with on-board Internet access – but the lounge setup at the London end is nowhere near as good as at Heathrow.

logical
    Free Member

I flew BA business class back from Hongkong. Was great. I got a little pi$$ed but also got in trouble for making too much noise with my Ninja Turtles.
    I was only 11 though and it was 22 years ago. I was pinching my dad’s whiskey and coke while he slept 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

London City to JFK is interesting if you want to be different – and is the only BA route with on-board Internet access – but stupidly overpriced compared to a flight from LHR and in addition, the lounge setup at the London end is nowhere near as good as at Heathrow.

FTFY. 🙂

Just booked my flights to Vegas for a few weeks time. Which is nice. Upstairs both ways…! 8)

😆 @ logical!

njee20
    Free Member

Although apparently they bought their fleet of 777’s in the 80’s so they’re not in bad condition considering.

Jesus, that is concerning, that’s 5 years before their launch 😉

McHamish
    Free Member

It was a conversation months ago that I had with someone who was involved in the deal between Boeing and Saudia, I’m sure he said 80’s!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, to be fair they probably did buy them then, but fitted them out after launch!

For example, I went in to a 787 at Everett about five years before it was delivered to ANA. It was all painted up and ready, but not fitted out.

cheers_drive

I’d never pay for business class personally (have done for work), it’s just not worth it compared to the holiday things you could spend it on. Maybe consider paying for a lounge and a economy plus seat. Business works for business when you often away for only a few short days and can’t afford to be tired.

mega
    Free Member

2 sides of the coin

I don’t fly BA now after some of their staff recently decided to strike over pay and conditions and caused untold people lots of grief and heartache. BA handled it terribly.

Years ago I snogged a pretty air hostess on London to Chicago which was quite good service as I really am quite unattractive. I flew with them all the time in the hope it would happen again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mega, there were reports of Cathay hosties being very “accommodating” last year.

All I got was a magic never-emptying glass of claret! 🙂

mega
    Free Member

OP – I just spied this deal
    Wondered if it could get you an upgrade to 1st

BA club world to 1st deal

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooooh…..

Thanks. Might have to get on the phone to BA now!

njee20
    Free Member

Semi-flexible Club fares are probably a whole chunk more than ‘normal’ Club fares, First is just a bit too pretentious for my liking, unless I was going away anyway I’d save the Club trip for another time!

konabunny
    Free Member

mega – good spot. Know someone that is travelling for work so…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Know someone that is travelling for work so…

You’ll make sure they saw that link BEFORE THEY BOOKED?

AAAAAARGH! Dammit!

🙁

Oh well. Never mind.

mega
    Free Member

oops – sorry
    get your moneys worth from the free bar!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

First lounge at LHR at seats upstairs….I’ll suffer that! :-).

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘business class to new york’ is closed to new replies.