• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Business cards…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone still use them? Is there a widely accepted app out there that replaces the need for a bit of card? Ideally one which creates an auto LinkedIn request?

saxabar
    Free Member

Deffo yep – and I work with tech and comms industries too. Much easier than fiddling with devices.

binners

If someone wanted to replace a simple business card, which effectively communicates everything I need to know, by instead issuing me with some kind of ‘Device’ or ‘App’ that created an auto LinkedIn request, I may possibly manage to restrain myself from strangling or punching them, but one things for definite… I sure as shit wouldn’t be putting any business their way

rone

Goodprint. So yes.

Cougar

Much easier than fiddling with devices.

That’s got NFC written all over it. Is there a ‘business card’ standard for such things?

maccruiskeen

I must pull my finger out and get some. I think theres only so many times I can get away with asking someone for their card – writing my own name and number on the back with a little smiley face and handing it back to them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY[/video]

binners

I do love that scene!

What is the go to, must have font in the office stationary world at the moment Flashy?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Comic Sans.

convert

QR code for contact details printed on a business card – too 2008?

maccruiskeen

A place I used to work at had all its business cards made from punched and etch stainless steel. When people were on hold when the switchboard was transferring calls to me they’d have enough time to fiddle with them to find out they made a satisfying woopwoop sound if you squeezed the edges with your thumb and forefinger.

Then, once the call got through to me they’d also just begin to realise how sharp they were and try to concentrate on the call whilst trying to mop up quite a lot of blood.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I had 250 printed in 2013, I’ve still got 200+ left.

I meet loads of people, but giving cards seems to have gone the way of the dodo around here. Most people just seem to email swap or swap contacts on Outlook.

In fairness we don’t do trade shows or networking meetings, everything is on recommendation it seems these days.

DT78
    Free Member

I was just at an IT networking event…I was surprised at the amount of physival cards used amongst all the talk of digital transformations…..a simple NFC tap of the phone would do the trick….no faff. Quicker than opening your card holder

binners

a simple NFC tap of the phone would do the trick….no faff

And what happens when you encounter someone who doesn’t work in IT?
    And when you ask them if you can do that, they think you’re about to sexually assault them? 😉

maccruiskeen

I had 250 printed in 2013, I’ve still got 200+ left.

I’m thinking I need about a dozen

Moses

Yes, they are essential for business meetings, networking and for writing shopping lists. Somehow the act of swapping cards is more significant than tapping phones – & much less fiddling required.

Since vistaprint will probably do you 200 for about six quid, it’s not a huge amount to fork out.

DT78
    Free Member

Not about the cost more about pocket space and something else to remember. First time at a event
    like this so something learnt.

Do I go for a corporate card then or my own super special design?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Business cards…’ is closed to new replies.