Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Business budget tools
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Oh singletrack font of all knowledge I have a question for thee:

I use lovemoney as a tracker for my personal expenditure is there business equivalent ? ( I find the categories tedious to use on lovemoney for business stuff) – Mint is another one in america ….

Cheers

andyfla
    Free Member

I am trying to get a simple breakdown of what we are spending as a business so it need to link to a bank account and classify expenditure as it goes

I don’t need to look at “expenses” per se

andyfla
    Free Member

No ideas ? Damn I though the collective knew everything

edlong
    Free Member

Microsoft Excel is a commonly used piece of software you might want to look at. With it’s ubiquity, even if you’re not competent at designing on it, and don’t want to be, there’s tons of templates, examples etc. out their in the public domain that you can use.

wwaswas

I’d second Excel – it’s great for doing P&L & Cashflow type stuff.

bearGrease

Andyfla, how do you find lovemoney? I’m looking for a replacement for MS Money (the only MS product I have left), I looked at lovemoney a while back but I think it’s had a rewrite since.
    IIRC lovemoney does credit cards and bank accounts but not share and fund portfolios. Any cloud solutions for this?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I just purchased You Need A Budget yesterday off steam for £8 for my household budget. It looks powerful enough for a small business but lacks things you could do automatically in a well setup Excel spreadsheet. Might be worth a look?

tommyhine

I guess you want something cheap. I deal with Tm1 and Adaptive planning but might be a bit OTT for what you want.

Excel would be the easiest way, you can use sum ifs to pull together simple income and expenditure statements from a transaction listing from the bank if you don’t mind coding them up as they come in.

andyfla
    Free Member

cheers for the suggestions, I like love money as it doesn’t take much maintenance once it is set up- I have tried transferring the data over into excel, but then it is a real pain matching up the categories with the suppliers every time

I like love money, it isn’t bad at categorizing my stuff, not noticed much diff in a year or so

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Business budget tools’ is closed to new replies.