Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Buses,
  • project
    Free Member

Following on from the Trains thread whats your favouruite bus, mines the Leyland National.and possibly the Seddon pennine, or bristol re.

Cougar

The modern PCI Express bus is pretty awesome, but I’ve a soft spot for the old VESA Local Bus. They don’t make ’em like they used to.

(With reference to my comment on the ‘train’ thread, I’d like my anorak back).

project
    Free Member

I like the TJ bus, the older model used extensively in Scotland, only one ever made, and one dedicated driver.

Anything not built by Dennis. They’re the £50 Supermarket Mountain Bike of the bus world.

project
    Free Member

Leyland Tiger Doyen. fantastic bus ahead of its time.

project
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member
    Anything not built by Dennis. They’re the £50 Supermarket Mountain Bike of the bus world.

Posted 23 hours ago # Report-Post

I used to believe that Dennis fire engines where the big brothers of Dennis buses, and Dennis dust carts where the slightly thick members of the family.

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

i was always partial to the 311 (Stourbridge-Walsall)- making a photo documentary of that routes’ been on my list of things to do for ten years. i really must get round to it sometime.

bus type, i hadn’t realised there was choice outside “old and rattly” and “new and not rattly”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

SCUSE ME SCUSE ME SCUSE ME COMING THROUGH OUT OF MY WAY…

The one, the only:

THREAD CLOSED.

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

^^ ah, the man whose photo threads are nudging me closer to finally making the journey. well done sir, keep it up

project
    Free Member

Elfin safety, if the routemaster was such a great bus, why did it no be made for export,and why did so few other undertakings actually buy them.

Great bus though, so comfortable, and easy to repair, as opposed to the new routemaster now being built.

martymac

alexander P.S, built on the volvo B10M chassis.
    good to drive, plenty power, reliable.
    best thing, it has stairs, so no prams lol.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t care if they weren’t used elsewhere much; they are an icon of London, and will always be associated as such.

You can argue all you want, but you are wrong; the Routemaster is the greatest bus ever. It’s as simple as that.

Where’s Captain Flashheart, he will agree with me.

(Stands, salutes)

project
    Free Member

They where and still are an iconic design, but why iddnt anyone else buy them.

Heres the new bus http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9180000/9180067.stm

The headlights are different.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

but why iddnt anyone else buy them.

Because their cities simply aren’t great enough. 😐 Sorry, but that’s how it is.

The new type ‘Routemaster’ isn’t worthy of the name. It’s quite a nice bus, but it’s nowhere near as beautiful and wonderful as the Routemaster. Perfection can never be bettered.

I grew up in Old Ford. The No.8 was my local bus.

Sniff. 😥

(Gets emotional)

project
    Free Member

I s that you in white on the right Elfin safety.He looks a right bus spotter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Buses,’ is closed to new replies.