Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bus Service kinlochleven to kings house
  • Monster101

Does anyone know if there is a local bus service from kinlochleven back to kings house area. Thinking of doing the devils staircase but don’t fancy the road trip back. Limited time in transit to Torridon.

Thanks

Alan

project
    Free Member

Most buses are not allowed to carrybikes unless folded due to there being nowhere to store them safely and tie them down.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You have absolutely no chance of getting your bike on a bus, unless you know the driver!. And you’d miss the devils staircase, as that’s the direction it runs in – KLL to Kingshouse.

Park at altnafeadh, up the staircase, over the top, ace descent to waterpipe, follow along and along the blackwater dam wall. Do the Ciaran path (vastly over-rated, but judge for yourself) then back up and over the devils.

4-5 hours at a sociable pace.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Monster101

Plan was to leave car at Devils Staircase, hike a bike and then KLL descent. Might be better to do one of the Dudes climb and then descend in KLL, any recommendations?

br
    Free Member

Last year I parked at the Glencoe ski-lifts and rode the WHW through to Fort William, then did it by return in the afternoon. Long day but do-able and fun.

If you’re in KLL I’d look at a ride that loops around and comes back down the WHW descent into KLL from the Staircase.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Speak to Ally at Ballahoulish Taxis and he will sort you out. Top man

Home

gordimhor

There is no direct bus from Kinlochleven to the Kingshouse. You can get a local bus to Glencoe village and catch the citylink glasgow bus from there. I dont think the bus drivers are allowed to take bikes unless you have some means of securing the bikes in the hold so I cant recommend it. For a good guide to trails around Kinlochleven try
    kinlochleven 101

doh
    Free Member

Would be a shame to miss the return over the devils staircase even though I know it is a pretty grim thought when you are tucking into chips and beer in kll. Cycling the road should be your last resort as I have seen members of the group going that way and getting back to car in about the same time.

Bus from kll is a local running to ft William don’t think there is one going toward kh.
    You could always try breaking the bike down and wrapping in the black bags and tape you have with you to make them into “hand luggage”

boxelder

Taxi
    Take the pipe option to the reservoir and down the Cirian – though I didn’t think it was all that great.

gordimhor

If youre planning on doing any riding around Kinlochleven this weekend you should be aware that the Scottish Six Day Trials starts in Kinlochleven tomorrow so there will be lots of trials bikes on the hill and some parts may be effectively closed while they pass through.

Monster101

Mmmm, doing it Monday early doors if the vizibility is pish at glencoe (last day for skiing). Ally sounds good thanks for recommendation

On my way to Oban and then up to see clients in Loch Carron.

Tuesday morning is the classic, coulags bealach na lice, coire lair descent to achnasellach station. Absolute belter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bus Service kinlochleven to kings house’ is closed to new replies.