Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bury St Edmunds?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Are there any riders on here from Bury St Edmunds?

I'm down that way one Monday night next month, should I take a bike?

MrGreedy

Thetford forest is only a short drive away from Bury, although ideally you need a local to show you the best bits. You could try asking on here or here.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for the info

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tommid
    Free Member

I'm a thetford local.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Yes, bring the bike, if you go to High Lodge in the forest, go to Bike Art, and they can point you at the local off piest trails, or ask for Ian, if he is not working at the shop he may be able to take you out for a spin around and show you some trails

letmetalktomark

Agree with the others.

I live in BSE and ride in a number of places around Thetford (Brandon is a good bet) but to get the most from the trails you do need to head off piste.

If you are only there for a night its worth noting that the riding is about 20 minutes from BSE on a good day 40 minutes on a bad day.

jd-boy
    Free Member

There is a Premier Inn in Thetford (13 miles from BSE) you can ride from the Premier right into the forest and pick the back end of the Red route up

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help.

I joined up with Curly before my job interview and had a good scoot around the forest.

I was offered the job today and I'll be back and stopping over in Bury for the next 2 weeks mid week (mid week).

So, if anyone is up for some Bury St Edmunds quiet lanes fast training rides after work then please let me know.

Curly68
    Free Member

Well done on getting the job. You have my number for another ride if you wish. Maybe we can get a few more as well next time?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers Curly

I hope so, but I doubt you'd be availabe every evening after work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bury St Edmunds?’ is closed to new replies.