Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bursitis
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

So I wake up the other week and **** me, does my elbow hurt. Cue, much swelling and sensitivity…and not the good kind. I think it has become inflamed through excess leaning on it while I’m on here. Ibuprofen has bonked it on the head but I’ve still got a residual pain/swelling. It hasn’t stopped my riding but I can’t lean on it any more.

When will it go completely?

Can I sue the STW community?

bruneep

When will it go completely?

Monday

wwaswas

nice!

therealhoops
    Free Member

cheers Bruneep

was – that’s minging!

JAG

OK – I’ve had this twice now.

In my case the Doc thought it was caused by leaning on my desk at work and, so long as it doesn’t get infected (like the one above – yuk), it goes down again of it’s own accord in a few weeks.

If it doesn’t go down quick enough you can get it drained by the Doc’ but then you run the risk of an infection – so you take your choice etc…

Markie
    Free Member

My knee had it over Christmas. And it got infected… at its peak my knee and upper shin was like a cantaloupe 😯

Still not quite right yet, I was told five to seven weeks would see me good.

wwaswas

bloke in the near me when I broke my hip had a great example of the elbow one.

They used to use a syringe the size of a house brick to drain green pus out of it a couple of times a day and he was on intravenous anti-biotics.

My advice is don’t ignore it and if it goes at all red or swells up again get off to the GP asap.

allthepies
    Free Member

currently got this, doc advised ibuprofen. Only a minor fluid buildup in my case, not quite like the above pic 🙂

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Yes, eventually it will go. Until you irritate it again… 😉

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve got it in my knee. Had it about 8 months now. No treatment for it unless you need to deal with an infection. Just need to rest it until the aggrevation subsides until the next time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bursitis’ is closed to new replies.