Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Burnley area afternoon ride – where's good?
  • cubicboy
    Free Member

I have to take my dad up to see relatives in Burnley so will have a full afternoon to do a ride, which could be up to six hours.
    I regularly do the Scott Marathons so can cope with distance (40-50 miles) but have a preference for flowy singletrack rather than mental DH runs.
    I’ll probably be going back through Hebden Bridge so could do something around there. Help please!

kirky72
    Free Member

You could head up to Hurstwood reservoir, from there you have various route options over and into Hebden bridge, easy to make a godo 4 to 4.5 hour ride.

Up from Hurstwood to the windmills, join the long causeway heading hebden direction for a bit. Down delph lane, past Todmorden golf course some good DH options down to the main road, climb up round the back of stoodley pike, descend back trhough callis wood to hebden.

Climb up midgehole but fork right to peckets well, down peckets well descent optional right at hardcastle crags, climb up to the calderway back over towards Widdop. Up and over widdop, nice steady descent back into Hurstwood. Would be around 28/32 miles dependant on options around Stoodley and around 2800/3100ft climbing.

You may be able to do most of the MTL dependant on speed. If you cut out the walsden/rooley moor climb bits and cut from Todmorden directly over towards Bacup and towards the deerplay, youll cut out 8/10 miles and safely do it in your time frame.

BenjiM

Join the Mary Towneley Loop at Worsthorne, just outside Burnley. 47 miles ish. Job Done.

MTL Flyer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mr-potatohead
    Free Member

as stated , you could all or part of the mary townley loop , if you go to any bike shop they’ll give you a map , the section from long causeway up to gorple stones is good fun , particularly the down hill stretch anti-clockwise.or you could drive to lee/ cragg quarries.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Burnley area afternoon ride – where's good?’ is closed to new replies.