Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • burn after reading
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Bar The Man Who Wasn’t There, I gave up on the Coen brothers after The Big Shitebowski.

Worth watching?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I dunno…bought it a few months ago in a cheap deal, it’s still unopened. I’ll tell you when I get round to watching it. HTH 😛

Don’t much like coen brothers film so not holding out much hope *wonders why she bought it in the first place*

stanfree
    Free Member

Didn’t really ‘shake ma cakes’ so too speak. Typical Coen Brothers really.

CountZero

I really enjoyed it at the flicks when I saw it. Very funny, a great cast, and Brad Pitt sends himself up beautifully. Not seen that many Cohen Bros films, but I did enjoy this one. Malkovitch is his usual malevolent self. Certainly worth a look.

big_scot_nanny

Excellent, funny, very surprising. I would recommend!

kev

rOcKeTdOg

Worth it just to see what clooney is building in the basement

seanoc
    Free Member

I thought this thread was going to be about the Koran.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Pretentious toss.

But the device in the basement is eyewatering.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I gave up after 20m, it was just annoying.

I wish the Coen brothers would label their films “appalling” or “brilliant” on release.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

they’re like Mamite I guess, I love Coen Brothers films, but then I do love wierd and off the wall.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If you gave up after 20 mins, then you clearly were not enjoying the acting.

The story was tosh, but seeing Clooney, Malkovic, Pitt ect all let loose and clearly enjoying themselves was a joy to behold.

Seeing the actors really make the best of a film that ultimately didnt quite pull together was entertaining.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I was really disappointed in the plot. Acting was good, but as a film it was rubbish.

The man who wasn’t there is a much better way to spend a couple of hours…

Was the hudsucker proxy the coens too?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I quite liked the Big Lebowski…but didn’t really dig Burn After Reading. Agreed, Clooney’s character has quite a project, but the star cast don’t quite deliver as a whole.

Characters are good, diverse and kind of plausible. It’s not a bad film, but it’s not mind blowing. 6/10

I’m off for a run.

trailmonkey

It’s just a bit of fun isn’t it ?

I liked it.

tommid
    Free Member

Its dreadful…. Don’t waste your time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘burn after reading’ is closed to new replies.