Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Burly steel 700c rigid …..surly my only option ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Got an early sutra kona project 2 sans rack mounts on the cargo eapc

The amount of deflection under braking worrys me.

Theres 60lb behind it atm plus rider. And the back ends rated for 200lb. Better beef up the fork for my teeths sake

I accept that it will be harsher than the project 2 but what options do I have …..I saw the surly karate monkey fork and that’s about it for 29er disk friendly.guard mounts /drilled crown a must Bonus points for Rack mounts and double points for mid mounts

My ideal fork after looking about is the updated project 2 on the kona rove…alas i have not seen it separate.

Andy

Depends on the a-c length you need/can get away with?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I would prefer a full on 29er(470mm rather than a 425mm)to lift front end as the xtracycle rear end has dropped the bb and steepened the head angle by lifting the rear axle upwards

The big dummy fork – the ogre and the krampus all look good but are all pre order only.

Was just wondering if anyone knew of similar that would a. Be In stock and b. A bit cheaper than 80quid

tomd
    Free Member

Would something like an On One fatty fork work? I chucked a steel one out recently unfortunately, there must be a few of them knocking about from when folk have changed to carbon or blutos. They’re seriously sturdy.

PJay
    Free Member

My ideal fork after looking about is the updated project 2 on the kona rove…alas i have not seen it separate.

It’s not this one is it? Why not contact Kona and see if they’ll sort you out with one if that’s what you really want.

swanny853

I have a krampus fork that hasn’t had much use if you’re interested? Was thinking of selling it anyway

nedrapier

http://webshop.singularcycles.com/en/Products/Singular-Swift-fork-touring.html

?

Not in stock there, might be some in shops if you ask?

Andy

Look at Charlie the bike monger or Triton. Loads of offering from Surly or Salsa. What about the ECR fork?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Triton mostly out of stock . Loads that fit the bill if I’m willing to wait a couple of months

Ecr forks did look good. Have dropped swanny a mail atm though

trail_rat
    Free Member

wooo got some krampus forks (not swannys they were much too short of steerer)

hopefully now my front wheel will not feel like its about to snap off under hard braking 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Burly steel 700c rigid …..surly my only option ?’ is closed to new replies.