Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Burly hard tail recommendations?
  • tor5
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new HT to match with a 150mm Pike. Budget around £500.

At 6’4″ I’m looking at an XL, which rules out a BFe – so far the Orange P7/Crush, Transition Trans-am seem to be fitting the bill – any other recommendations in the price range?

shindiggy
    Free Member

PP Shan

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bird Zero?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nwill1
    Free Member

Stanton Switchback

kayak23

I have the Trans-Am in old fashioned 26″flavour.

I’ve had a lot of ‘hardcore hardtails’ over the years and this one is definitely my best buy. I have 150mm (650b) Revs on it.

Can’t comment on the larger-wheeled version but I’m definitely a Transition fan.

ontor
    Free Member

Honzo,

tor5
    Free Member

Shan – press fit bb puts me off
    Switchback – have a slackline now, after telling myself for ages it was fine, I’m finally begining to admit to myself it’s slightly too short…
    Bird – on the list!

Anyone riding a chromag?

haggis1978

I’m riding a Chromag Samurai 65 bud. Ive ridden a number of top quality hardtails over the years and the Chromag beats them all. The fit is superb. I can throw it down anything. I’m 6’1″‘and ride a large. Even went down the full custom Ti route and bought a Kent Eriksen a few years ago. The Chromag fits me better than that does!

BillOddie

2nd the Chromag!

I have a Rootdown (the 29er) and it’s ace!

Have a look at the (new) Rootdown BA, the (now discounted) original rootdown at shorelines and the chromag wideangle (tainwanese version of haggis’ Samurai)

http://chromagbikes.com/
    http://www.shore-lines.co.uk/

haggis1978

Theres a guy selling a Fat Chromag over on PB just now. £1600 hes after for it. I’d def be looking at a Wide Angle/Rootdown if it was me. I’m just a bike tart though and have admired Chris DeKerfs frames for a while and this was a cheap(er) way of getting one. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of the Taiwanese versions at all. When they start making the Taiwanese version of their fat bike i might give that a go.

ryderredman
    Free Member

Have you thought of one of the new scouts? They look awesome. I’ve got a MK1 Solaris and that’s what I’d be looking to swap to if I did, also leaves you with £150 to spare for components.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Shan – press fit bb puts me off

BB92 is miles ahead of the PF30. No squeaking/creaking from the bottom bracket to report here.

haggis1978

Last Fast Forward anyone? That is one smart looking bike!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Burly hard tail recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.