Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • burgtec penthouse pedals, are they too extreme for general use
  • MadBillMcMad

burgtec penthouse pedals, are they just a downhill pedal & too extreme for general use ?

I am after a good snow compatible flat pedal with decent pins but these possibly look a tad extreme.

fd3chris
    Free Member

They are just a pedal. I used them years ago but I prefer other brands more now.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

as above, had them on a couple of bikes must be 8/9 years ago

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

They are fine – wouldn’t call them extreme really in terms of grip or pin ferocity. Plenty of other options that I’d say are comparable as I ‘tested’ a lot of flats recently! I settled on VP Harrier for sheer size of platform, Few of the Spank ones were decent, Canfield Crampons ultra slim, RaceFace Atlas also really good (selling my set if anyone is keen stealth advert…).

MadBillMcMad

@ groundskeeperwilly OP here – email in profile – care to discuss send photos of the Atlas pedals

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I had a set years ago before the superstar et al slim pedals were available. They were heavier, thicker, less grippy and considerably more expensive than the slim pedals now available.

To answer your question though, they aren’t too extreme, they aren’t very good either though.

sharkattack

Not sure how a pedal can be extreme? Surely you just want the most amount of grip in the prettiest package?

Never used Burgtec’s personally but I’ve got two pairs of DMR Vault’s on the go and they’re the best flats I’ve had.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Best pedal I’ve ever owned. Used to use it for XC, DH, DJ and riding to the shop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘burgtec penthouse pedals, are they too extreme for general use’ is closed to new replies.