Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bupa insurance.
  • trauty
    Free Member

hello
    totally daft question probably ,but need to know for certain.
    If i decide to get bupa insurance , do I still have to pay for nhs ? and also what would be cost for bupa approximately ( 31 y old, no illneses nor other medical issues at all) are the yasking if i do some risky sports like downhill riding ?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Are you making an individual payment solely to the NHS? Because I’m not, so not sure exactly how you’d stop any payment to the NHS.

Oh and also ever thought about asking BUPA that question yourself about how much it’ll cost?

me1tdown
    Free Member

Probably worth still paying for the NHS since they’d be the ones that help you out if you needed any sort of trauma care..
    And I think you can get a quote in seconds on the BUPA website or over the phone.

ratherbeintobago

Seeing as the NHS is funded from general taxation, as above how do you propose to stop paying for it?

Private healthcare in the UK (outside London, anyway) provides very little in the way of emergency care.

downhilldave

Are you nine and a half? Or have no idea why you pay Ni contributions? And it’s in the bike forum 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

Others have answered your questions already on paying for the nhs. They will ask you to fill in a form but imho are more interested in lifestyle issues like smoking and drinking. If you break a leg or collar bone its most likely the nhs who will fix you up anyway. BUPA is good for a private room, rehab physio, acl replacement etc so not to be sniffed at but don’t think it’s an nhs replacement, if your life is in danger its the nhs who are going to try and save ir

andyl
    Free Member

if your life is in danger its the nhs who are going to try and save ir

Unless your name is J Hunt 😀

lerk
    Free Member

Add to the above, that like any insurance there is also an excess to pay for every visit.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You will always need NHS. Private hospitals are good at doing what you need doing, but if you are about to die they ship you in to an NHS hospital.

How does one stop paying for the NHS any how??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bupa insurance.’ is closed to new replies.