Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bunkhouse etc near Penmachno/Marin Trail
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Any suggestions for bunkhouse/b n b near Penmachno and Marin Trail. Needs to be in a pub or near a pub with food. Only for a few people 1 night?.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Glan Aber Hotel has a bunkhouse, basic but has a drying room and plenty of hot water for the showers.

It’s in Betws y Coed so plenty of pub/food options.

stayhigh

We’ve used the Glan Aber Bunkhouse in Betws y Coed several times and have no complaints. Cheap and cheerful with hot showers and a drying room, friendly bar staff and a couple of pubs, chippy and Chinese within walking distance.

Spitting distance from both trails you mention and not the Conwy Falls Cafe does great food for a post Penmach feast 😉

stayhigh

Beaten to it, evening Nigel 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Can third or fourth Glen Aber hotel stayed in their bunk house think it’s £21 per person per night including a full cooked WElsh brekkie. Stayed in main hotel too it’s ace!

Northwind

I did 2 nights in glan aber’s bunkhouse then discovered I could get a single room for about a tenner more so relocated 😆 I think the prison toilets/showers let it down a bit, when we were there they were always horrendous with steam/humidity. (also there’s a bloody door lock on the entire thing, so people kept locking everyone else out just so they could have a shower in privacy! Annoying). Oh and though it was 2 people in a “room” it’s essentially a big dorm with walls made of paper or cobwebs or something, so it just needs one noisy person and next thing you know, crime scene. Oh and if I’d ever had to reverse out of the car park, I’d have just abandoned it and gone and bought another car.

But still, bunkhouse, you know what to expect. I just thought it was a bit too expensive considering a few pounds more gets a civilised room with a Corby trouserpress. BWC is well stocked for accomodation, pubs, etc.

Some of our group were in the other bunkhouse in bwc, I forget the name- they said it was bloody awful.

momo

I’d second the eagles in Penmachno, good beer and decent beds.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

saving this thread

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bunkhouse etc near Penmachno/Marin Trail’ is closed to new replies.