Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bum.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

You spend ages choosing your new bike. You annoy retailers, manufacturers and Houns in trying to make sure you have all the info you need to make the right purchase. You finally find the ideal bike. Price is right, spec is very good and it looks totes-amaze-balls.

So you put in your pre-order, wait several weeks, and the bloody thing only turns up a few days early!

….but it’s not all fun times. The bike has some issues. Some can be ignored, some can be sorted out by myself, but one is a defect that can’t be sorted.

So it has to go back….and the shop cannot get a replacement for 4 weeks…although this can easily slip to 6 weeks+. All other dealers are quoting Jan 2014 now for delivery.

So, it’s back to the start again, and more weeks of cycling lost.

Bum 🙁

p.s I was considering a proper rant, but after the recent Superstar debacle, I would just look like an amateur.

thepurist

Jamie – surely a man with your talent can just photoshop up pictures of you riding your new bike all over the world – should keep you occupied and most of us will never know the difference!

tomhoward

Whats wrong with it? Not bringing the trail alive?

LoCo
    Free Member

That’s a pain, could they offer another option for the component in question as a good will gesture?

Muke
    Free Member

😉 You got the wrong uncool wheel size ?

benji
    Free Member

Have you tried contacting richmtbguru i’m sure he has just the right contacts to get you on a new steed by mid afternoon today and bagging strava koms by the end of the week.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – surely a man with your talent can just photoshop up pictures of you riding your new bike all over the world – should keep you occupied and most of us will never know the difference!

It have been doing that most days now. Just photoshopping me commuting, jumping red lights, bringing the trail alive etc.

Whats wrong with it? Not bringing the trail alive?

Sadly, no. The bike stand seems to though.

That’s a pain, could they offer another option for the component in question as a good will gesture?

I have sent an email asking if that could be an option. No reply as of yet, but then my email contact has just come back off holiday, and now in Taiwan. So doubt I can get something sorted before the dealer want the bike returned.

You got the wrong uncool wheel size ?

It has 25.7s. Niche.

Houns

*sobs*

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m so sorry, Houns. Really. I am 🙁

Houns

Just buy a Kinesis. Job done

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wondering which CX bike this is ❓

Jamie
    Free Member

Just heard back from the dealer. Giant have not got any warranty fork/frames available. So same lead time for a new bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s some sort of karmic punishment for using the term ” totes-amaze-balls.”

geoffj

What did you buy and how’s it broken Jamie?

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s some sort of karmic punishment for using the term ” totes-amaze-balls.”

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was that the TCX? What did you make of the ride?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Something of a ninja-edit there, JimJams! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t know what you mean.

BigJohn

Was it the apologetic headtube that broke?

Jamie
    Free Member

Was it the apologetic headtube that broke?

Yup. It got to the point where it was apologising for things that were not even it’s fault.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bum.’ is closed to new replies.