Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Bulls**t bingo
  • 10pmix
    Free Member

Has he got the MIPS

It’s used by the same people that say “do you have any bandwith” when they mean “do you have any time”

pingu66
    Free Member

Ive worked for several American companies and they seem to use these more than most, Some favourites are

up skilling = training

Broaden the skills matrix = training

knowledge download = ummmm training.

Go to guy!!!!!!!!!

The problem is you have to start using rubish like bandwith etc to get by.

One of the issues I face is being a technical lead on major projects you often have non technical issues, curve balls, etc to deal with and I have learned to “push back” on the PM to deal with these to maximise my bandwidth.

I now see what I am becoming and want to kill myself!

Blackhound

I trust you are all being careful to ‘shift the goalposts without scoring an own goal’

hamishthecat
    Free Member

The funniest thread for ages. Am in Manchester Airport T3 Costas, crying.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I’d like to confess that I just stood in a meeting and said ‘we need to hold fire until we’ve discussed a way forward with this’.

I’m sorry. I read this thread yesterday and I was conscious of what I was about to say as I was leading up to it. I just couldn’t think of an alternative on the spot though.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

swedishmatt – Member
    I work for a very large american company.

I speak the same amount of bullshite now too. Scary. I think I’ve lost my soul too. GIVE ME THE PAYCHECK.

Me too. Do you have any idea what ‘smoking gun’ means? I keep having Americans on telephone conferences say ‘is this a potential smoking gun?’

It is something to do with investigations and evidence.

I don’t have a clue what it means.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

wattsymtb – Member

swedishmatt – Member
    I work for a very large american company.
    I speak the same amount of bullshite now too. Scary. I think I’ve lost my soul too. GIVE ME THE PAYCHECK.
    Me too. Do you have any idea what ‘smoking gun’ means? I keep having Americans on telephone conferences say ‘is this a potential smoking gun?’

It is something to do with investigations and evidence.

I don’t have a clue what it means.
    Management are trying to delegate some blame, quick, talk to your reports to try and ring fence the risks and maximize the opportunities.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Bulls**t bingo’ is closed to new replies.