Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bulgarian bike thieves BUSTED by NW England Police- £80,000 worth recovered.
  • globalti
    Free Member

I bet a few of the bikes were stolen at the cafe in Scorton, which has become notorious for bike thefts.

Last year I was on a flight to Belgrade and the Serb lad next to me, on spotting my cycling magazine, started boasting to me about his pal in Novi Sad who makes a nice living from selling bikes stolen in Europe and shipped back in containers.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Nice work, but bailed?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

Unless the police suspect (or can prove) that there’s a significant risk to the public most criminals will be bailed after arrest and court proceedings initiated.

cubist
    Free Member

Maybe they thought they could make good use of them as the everyday folk had just left them around

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good work.

colp

Cubist, it would have been the MET police then surely?

retro83
    Free Member

tuskaloosa – Member

Nice work, but bailed?!

Yes, those people will definitely be showing up for their hearing.

ekul
    Free Member

globalti – Member
    I bet a few of the bikes were stolen at the cafe in Scorton, which has become notorious for bike thefts.

Sorry a bit OT but is this true? I live just down the road and my parents still live in Scorton and they’ve never heard/mentioned anything? Having said that with the sheer number of bikes that are just left propped up on a weekend it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case.

A lad at work lives in Heysham and had his mtb nicked the other week and the police mentioned they were closing in on a gang. Hopefully he might get it back. They used his own tools to cut the locks the #*~$\>%\s

nickhit3
    Free Member

I don’t know about this Scorton place (I’m not from the NW but live there) but it appears it was more a case of serious stealing to order rather than typical opportunist behaviour. With £80,000 worth of bikes, they must have been all of a fairly high spec one would think. Is the aforementioned cafe a well known roadie hangout?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I don’t know about this Scorton place (I’m not from the NW but live there) but it appears it was more a case of serious stealing to order rather than typical opportunist behaviour. With £80,000 worth of bikes, they must have been all of a fairly high spec one would think. Is the aforementioned cafe a well known roadie hangout?

Live about 2 miles from it so never stop off there because I’m so close to home but yeah, it’s a well known roadbiker hang out. A lot of the riders from the flatlands of the Blackpool/Fylde area call in on the way to/from the hills of the Bowland fells so you can imagine there’s some serious amounts of expensive bikes left outside.
    Getting back to the op a friend of mine (who helps out with the PMBA gravity enduros) got his orange alpine back from the stash the police found. To say he was over the moon would be an understatement 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

The article says that they were stolen in burglaries

philfive
    Free Member

Andy

i believe Dunc provided the info that led to the arrests. he found his commuter bike on gumtree and the bloke had left a GPS tag on a pic, found his address and passed it on.

danposs86

Didn’t know Dunc was that involved in catching them!

Good lad 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I have visions of him as they led them away after the raid :
    Book’em Danno 😆
    Well done Dunc !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bulgarian bike thieves BUSTED by NW England Police- £80,000 worth recovered.’ is closed to new replies.