Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Built this Intense 6.6
  • Wozza
    Free Member

Cracked my Tracer at the usual spot by the chain yoke, drive side. To be fair, I was hammering it over rock gardens like they weren’t there.

Importer offered a new swingarm for £700 plus “at least” 6 weeks for delivery. Once the bike shop had stopped laughing I respectfully declined.

Picked up a complete 6.6, stripped everything and rebuilt it with my kit.

It’s red NOT pink!

nealglover
    Free Member

Nice.

I like pink bikes 🙂

kimbers

very nice,spec looks great
    but you shouldve cleared your draining board first

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    saxabar
    Free Member

Looks great! Any vague idea on weight? I have a 6.6 in excellent nick I’ve used as an Alps bike sat around doing nowt. Looking at that, it might be fun to get it down to trail bike weight if not too pricy.

wwaswas

Carrier bags in the toaster is an interesting choice.

Bike looks good 🙂

Wozza
    Free Member

“I’m gonna build my bike in the kitchen” – “only if you do the dishes first”

It’s not mad heavy, touch more than when it was built up as a tracer which was really a full day XC bike. The fork has a lot of the weight, but it’s worth carrying round for the performance.

If it’s anything like the last bike, it’ll gradually spin uphill and beast the otherside.

Saxabar, drop us an email, I’ve got a fair bit of the original build kit left over to clear out if you’re interested? DT Wheels, brakes, X4, Joplin etc.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Nice looking bike that Warwick. How dies it ride with those forks on the front?

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers Sam, well, in the one side of Kendal to the other test it seems allright, should get it off road this weekend. Was worried it’d be too tall but the ATA means I can wind it in and out to whatever I need.

moose_man3
    Free Member

Hi Wozza,

My Tracer VP has also developed the dreaded chainstay yoke crack 🙁 It is laughable that Intense will not (at worse) supply a new swing arm at cost, but as it’s clearly a design fault (hence the beefed up swing arms,) it should be a free replacement regardless of how long the original owner has had the frame….
    Anyhow I digress – do you know if the 6.6 swing arm would fit the original VP?? Could you please measure the necessary dimensions between your 2 frames to see if it is at all possible?

Cheers,

M.

khani
    Free Member

Nice bike 🙂 but it looks pink to me..

I’ve got an early Spyder swingarm hung up in the garage if anyone’s in need of one, was quoted £800 for a front triangle by the importers, who can KM (hairy) A…

stevied
    Free Member

Looks nice Wozza.Is it ‘works red’?
    Love my 6.6 and have built mine to my perfect spec. Had it resprayed in Candy Red as it’s the closest I could find to ‘works’. One thing I did that made a nice difference to the ride was make some offset bushes. Got about 1.5 degree slacker head angle. I did feel a little on top of the bike but with the offset’s it made a big difference. Goes down brilliantly and climbs relatively well. Got rid of the coil now too for a Pushed CTD TA. Fantastic shock and really works better than the coil ever did.
    Can we do a ‘show me your red Intense’? Great, here’s mine:

A few changes to mine since this was taken. Brakes are now Formula RO’s, Zee rear mech and the horrid white cables are gone too.

Wozza
    Free Member

Mooseman, replied to your email. Off memory the lower link is the same but I think the upper part is longer.

Khani, I’ll drop you an email about that spyder swingarm to see if I can make a Franken-ense out of my old tracer front end.

Stevied, I don’t think it needs offset bushes, I have a 180mm ATA fork so I can wind it slacker or steeper all day. I like that red of yours, Mines a flat red but a mate has the team red tracer that like a candy colour.

As soon as the bearings need doing though, it’s getting stripped to look like this:

khani
    Free Member

Wozza YGM

stevied
    Free Member

Mine was raw when I bought it (2nd hand) but it hadn’t been done very well. Looked really nice when I’d stripped ut properly abd bead blasted it and did think of keepping it like it but loved the candy red.
    I’ve got an old bottom pivot/bolts etc if you need one for the Franken-tense

khani
    Free Member

We need to measure the width of the pivots, if they’re the same width then there’s a chance they’ll bodge together,
    I’ve got all the linkages and bolts and stuff saved and the swingarm looks very similar..

It’ll need new bearings though..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Built this Intense 6.6’ is closed to new replies.