Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Buildingtrackworld – Waste pipe routing under existing beam and block floor
  • cheers_drive

I’m hoping someone may know whether this is possible: We want to move our downstairs toilet pan approx 2.5m away from the soil stack. The floor construction is beam and block with screed (thickness not known) and assumed no insulation.
    The building contractor has told me that we will need to fit a Sani-flow which i want to avoid.
    I can see why he said that as there is nowhere for the pipe to go (must go underground as soil stack is in centre of room) but I just wanted to check that there is no other way of doing this.

Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

what kind of void below the beam and block?
    how does the existing stack leave the perimeter of the building into the main sewer?

nickjb
    Free Member

how does the existing stack leave the perimeter of the building into the main sewer?

That’s what I’d be asking. Can you hook into the pipe somewhere else, ideally outside of the building so you add an inspection chamber at the junction?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pjm84
    Free Member

I’m going to put the kettle on. 🙂

Richie_B

Also depends on the spacing of the PC beams it may take some fairly intrusive work to get working access to the void (Its not unkown for the sceed to have light reinforcement mesh in it).
    If you can get into the void and it has enough space to work in as Stoner implies should be relatively straight forward (Big ifs though)

nealglover
    Free Member

Route the pipe work under the beam and block floor if there is room.
    Not the easiest job in the world though.

But then again, neither is fixing a bunged up Saniflo 😐

And at least you only have to do the floor once, unlike the Saniflo.

Bear
    Free Member

as others – avoid the Saniflo if at all possible.

Block and beam gives you a chance and again as others connection into existing system and could be intrusive.

VanHalen

How come the stack is in teh middle of the floor? did you have a walk round wc or have you moved a wall?

Anyhow. Do you know which way the beams span? the best scenario is u need to take up a row of blocks. The worst is you need to take up all the blocks and extend the pipe run in bits. Either way this is a crap job and probably not cost effective.

Is the new wc location on an external wall? this would be preferable as you can lay a new wc connection easily.

Also is it a really modern house. if you are lucky there may be a future shower socket somewhere under teh floor finishes you can utilise. Make sure anything you put in allows for rodding from the WC end though just in case.

pjm84
    Free Member

The worst is you need to take up all the blocks and extend the pipe run in bits. Either way this is a crap job and probably not cost effective

+1

cheers_drive

How come the stack is in the middle of the floor?

Stack is against outside wall but we are moving the downstairs loo in order to make a kitchen diner. New pan position will be approx 2.5m away from the closest stack. It’s all sounding rather messy if we’re talking about moving beams and the extent of the job wont be known until exposing them.
    I have another idea to route the pipe, I’ll sketch it up….

cheers_drive

There is a actually unused waste gully (was for washing machine) which I could get to by routing the waste pipe along a wall and through the outside wall. I believe the gully goes into the same inspection chamber as the soil stack which is 1m away. Can this unused waste gully be converted easily to be used for toilet waste?

Bear
    Free Member

Most probably will need some spade work though

cheers_drive

Spade work sounds a lot better than going through a b&b floor.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gulley will be on the foul system. Easy connection from there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Buildingtrackworld – Waste pipe routing under existing beam and block floor’ is closed to new replies.