Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Building your owns (mini) skills park???
  • core

I’m in the fortunate position of having a disused railway line running alongside my garden, and having a gate straight on to it. All owned by my girlfriend’s family, (farmers).

There’s about a 250 yard stretch right by us which is in a cutting ranging from about 6 to 12 feet deep, it doesn’t get used for much at all, so I had this idea yesterday…….. The old trackbed itself is basically flat by the way and I suppose about 15 feet wide or thereabouts now.

I’ll have to leave a strip down the middle wide enough to get the tractor down, but suppose I can pretty much do what I like with the rest.

So, if it was you, what would you put in? Photo’s would be helpful! At the moment I know my cornering speed & berm technique leaves a lot to be desired, along with jumps, so that’s a starting point.

Riding a Genesis Core btw

Junkyard
    Free Member

Marry her

HTH

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C6qHdtyBWy4&t=24[/video]

joespencer33
    Free Member

Put some stuff in you don’t often see on the trail, and also build in some stuff you can’t do at the moment to account for progression.
    One thing I love putting trails I dig is an S bend of berms with a roller in the middle.

Euro
    Free Member

You say the total width is 15′ or so? That’s going to be tight getting a 180 berm in. Leaving the middle 8′ clear for the tractor means a long oval with two (small) 180 berms at either end with small doubles and tables along each length. Maybe even a wooden drop or two.

One thing I love putting trails I dig is an S bend of berms

Stuff like that is great fun to ride but i’m not sure if he has the free space.

core

I’ll try and post some photo’s up later if I get time, although the flat is about 15ft wide, the sloping banks to the side are mostly clear of big trees and could accommodate some stuff, it varies quite a lot to be honest.

GEDA
    Free Member

Here is the one i made in our garden.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGbY1KitSM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/1bGbY1KitSM[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Probably easiest to start with a few straight jumps then see what space you have to work with. A ladder drop ibto the jump line would be fun 🙂

Wookster

^^^^^

Awesome vid mate!

LoCo
    Free Member

Can you bribe the farmer to do some digging with machinery to save time and effort shifting the dirt in the first place ? 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

GEDA – get a fire going in that fire pit and build a line through the flames! 😈

JEngledow
    Free Member

Awesome vid mate!

+1, I’m feeling inspired, but then remember I don’t have anywhere I can build a pump-track 🙁

core

I do have a JCB 3CX at my disposal……….. But he might get a bit concerned if I’m down there digging for too long!

Paceman
    Free Member

Geda,

Love the video of your mini pump track 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Building your owns (mini) skills park???’ is closed to new replies.