Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Building my SS Kona P2 or Suspension fork – your experience/tips?
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I’m not going carbon as I want a tank bike!

Thinking of Konda P2 cro mo steel. Tempted to go front sus.

Anybody regretting going steel?

Thanks.

jaycmx1
    Free Member

not regreted goin steel but loved going carbon

zaskar
    Free Member

Did the carbon route 8yrs ago with rc31 on a easton zaskar!

Now on credit crunch+old frame lying around and fed up of creaking carbon flexi forks-probably me riding through a trail instead of picking a line…

Thanks for the info!

Frame is harsh alu too…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smiffy

Suspension and SS really doesn’t work. You’re stood up most of the time so why have springs?

Olly
    Free Member

im fine with suss on SS,
    something nice and reliable like old zocchis (MXcomps burly enough for u?) pumped up quite hard

steel on alu is fine, gives that steel spring up front (as much as can be expected) and pingy stiff alu out back.
    ide go with suss forks though

zaskar
    Free Member

Forgot about the standing up bobbing.

Hmm rigid P2 or suspension…dam! had my sights on a rigid and now thinking of 100mm forks.

I wanted a tank for off road or road-slicks and knobblies SS as a toy or backup for xc or commutes.

I wanted to go disc too. I know suss would ride well but defeats the idea of maintance.

I’ll go with rigid steel till summer…might teach me how to pick some good lines.

Thanks for the info peeps appreciated-things I would not have considered.

Hooter
    Free Member

Shorter travel suspension pumped up quite hard works nice for me. A lock out is also nice, but I only use mine on road. My hands couldn’t take rigid any more in the lakes and peaks… :0(

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I’ve just changed my commuter/hard tail from 130mm Revs to a steel p2 and oooh my god. It certainly teaches you to ride more smoothly! I never realised that the cycle to work was so bumpy! Feels really odd standing up to power up a hill and the bike just driving forwards.

zaskar
    Free Member

130mm?

Did you use the 465mm?

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Nah 440mm, but then the bike originally came with 80mm forks so it’s been relatively slack for a while. It certainly feels twitchy now but that’s probably only compared to how it was.

zaskar
    Free Member

I read somewhere that lower fork will make it sharper-try using a longer stem if you want to slow the twitchyness a bit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Building my SS Kona P2 or Suspension fork – your experience/tips?’ is closed to new replies.