Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Building insurance – what cover is best value and most use?
  • mrplow
    Free Member

Moving into new house – I am transfering my existing M&S contents policy so will be getting seperate building cover.

Not sure if I need bells and whistles of accident cover or if it is something I won’t practically use as I don’t plan in putting my foot through the floor etc…

Not entirely sure how buildings insurance works, say a tree falls onto building or wind rips the roof up – is this covered without the additional accident cover etc?

This is all new to me so a helping hand would be nice. 🙂

jekkyl

say a tree falls onto building or wind rips the roof up – is this covered without the additional accident cover etc?

YES.
    Accidental damage means things that YOU cause, not things that happen accidently. If you have any questions ring M&S or read the key facts document about the policy. Do you have any specific questions and I’ll try and answer.

mrplow
    Free Member

My main question is probably around fire and water damage caused by the owner – e.g. a bath left running, pipe bursting or an iron left on causing a fire.

Does normal cover these situation or do you need the additional accident cover? 🙂

jekkyl

soemtimes those things are policy specific, speak to the company.

mrplow
    Free Member

Sounds best – thanks

mrplow
    Free Member

Spoke to Aviva with some possible situations

Under std cover:
    Fire started by iron left on, cooking accident etc – not covered
    Fire started by washing machine moving and pulling electrics – covered

Pipe bursts and floods house – covered
    Workman burst pipe or bath left running – not covered.

Negligence seems to be the key thing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Building insurance – what cover is best value and most use?’ is closed to new replies.