Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Building bike park?
  • Joxster
    Free Member

Where is the best place to learn about build a free ride/jump park? I’m moving house and there is a reasonable amount of land that I can use.

Also where would I stand with insurance and the dreaded H&S?

jedi

if its on your own land and you keep it members only its better than public access.

h&s sucks

glenp
    Free Member

Yea – who wants to be healthy and safe? Pah.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Joxster
    Free Member

glenp – Member

Yea – who wants to be healthy and safe? Pah.

I want all bases covered in case an arsey parent decides to sue me if their brat crashes and breaks something.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

H&S stuff is dead easy to do. Most of the problems surrounding H&S stuff are either myths or people who don’t understand.

I believe the HSE are very approachable and helpful. Its not about eliminating risk but about assessing and minimising it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

esher would be able to help, uk bike park and the FC.

taka
    Free Member

disclaimer n signs

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tom – disclaimers are fairly useless. You cannot use a disclaimer to get out of negligence and you can only be sued for negligence. they might stop frivolous suing tho.

glenp
    Free Member

Joxster – I was being sarcastic. My own fault – lowest form of wit!

Richie_B

Talking to singletraction may be a start they may also be able to put you in touch with someone sympathetic at the forestry commission who may be able to give you advice on insurance and liability.

Richie_B

There seem to be alot more council built & maintained skate parks about, it may be worth talking to your local council about how they manage risks (if your local council don’t have any Derbyshire Dales DC & Sheffied definitely do).

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Liability insurance, but it really is not cheap.

Also be aware that the council will probably want you to change the land use to a leisure use if it isnt already. There was a thread on SDH Forum about a kid with dirt jumps on a former horse’s pasture next to his house where the council said that he would have to knock them down get planning permission to change land useage and then rebuild them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Building bike park?’ is closed to new replies.