Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Building a second a bike!
  • lewymtb
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve decided to build an enduro bike after a couple of years off the trails. I’ve just started and pretty much have a frame wrapped up, (2009 Rockymountain Slayer).

I’m trying to do it on a budget and what i’m wondering is what i shouldn’t be frugle on in terms of components and what, if anything, should i get brand new?.

I’d appreciate any advice or comments!

Thanks

khani
    Free Member

Get the best wheels and forks you can afford, everything else can be upgraded individually for not a vast amount as you go along, groupsets are cheap from the German stores like actionsports.de, and bikediscount.de at the mo’ and rose bikes are doing some good deals on disc brakes as well,
    Some good deals on the classifieds as well but the usual rules apply, check forum history, and don’t use PayPal gift unless its a known and trusted member…
    There’s a few large members on here…

dantsw13

Thats all pretty solid advice! Ive built 3/4 bikes in the last few years.

The best cash you can spend is on a comprehensive set of tools – you may already have them – I got a basic kit for @£70, and a work stand.

For the following big ticket items I would get:

Forks – RS Revs 150 from merlin @£300
    Brakes – Deores from Rose @£70
    Wheels – Classifieds @£200 for a TLR/UST set on Hope Pro2
    Groupset – SLX from Actionsports.de – mine was @£200
    Dropper post – ICE LIFT V8 from Purebike.fr for£87 posted

Stem/Bars/Grips/Seatpost/Headset – Superstar/On-One Should get you what you need on the cheap.

For S/H components, try Flatoutcycles.co.uk. Little things like QR’s are quite good from there.

lewymtb
    Free Member

Thanks guys!. Will keep all of that in mind!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Building a second a bike!’ is closed to new replies.