Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Building a double
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips on building a double – in terms of the size of the take off and landing, angle of both etc…

Thinking about something with a 6-8ft gap. Just want to make sure I get it right first time as much as possible.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

For what sort of bike?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

? Does it matter?

jimjam
    Free Member

Only if it’s an Orange 5.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ok, that’s alright then. It’ll be for a two wheeled bike mainly.

lucien

Do Orange 5’s bounce differently to other bikes then?

Back on track, I always thought it was a case of build small and get bigger as you progress – the idea of angles / measuring it defeats the object of learning to build and then ride it ie by building and then riding, it helps you judge jumps much better

jimjam
    Free Member

Well, size and steepness of your take off is gonna depend on the terrain and where you want it to send you, but ideally you’ll want it to be about a bike length minimum to avoid it being awkward. You can always experiment as you build, it’s mostly guess work as they are all different.

When you’ve got your take off hit it as hard as you like and see where you land, this should give you some idea where to put the landing. Remember if your building in the dry you’ll probably be jumping much further than in the wet, or vice versa.

If you can, soften/taper off then near edge of the landing so that it’s not a harsh case, it’ll also help the landing last as no matter how small the gap, people will be casing it.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Thinking 7ft long take off, 6-8ft gap and 7-8th landing zone. I’m comfortable on tables of a similar size – suppose I could just copy it.

jedi

i reckon a mate of yours knows how! pmsl

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I think you could be right 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Building a double’ is closed to new replies.