Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Building a bike and then not liking it
  • Jamie
    Free Member

*note to self: get ass down to Woburn to test new build this weekend*

NZCol

After a long courtship i managed to get hold of a Ti Litespeed Unicoi.
    Hated it. Fckn awful thing, noodly out the back, steep angles, just weird geometry (for me). I mean, i knew all about it and somehow though it would be great. I was gutted.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Evil Sovereign was tolerated for a time but did not hack it on the technical stuff. Used it for the commute but it had to go.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Even tho' I've sorted out the riding position and the handling I'm still not feeling the love for the Curtis.

I've been out on it a few times but it just ain't happening. It's anew toy so I should be dead keen to ride it but everytime I look at it in the garage I just keep thinking how much nicer it would be with a Heckler frame (although that is probably not that big a departure from or significantly better than my 5 Spot).

I can feel the need to sell it coming on 😕

druidh
    Free Member

Here's another problem: liking your bike until you try an alternative!

I've always reckoned my Ti hardtail was the bees knees. Light, flickable, load it up for off-road tours, fit rigid forks for local routes and commuting. However, I was trying out an Ibis Tranny last night and it brought home to me how "sharp" the steering and handling on the Ti bike are. I'm now hankering after a replacement – mibbe a Ragley Ti?

ken_shields
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Here's another problem: liking your bike until you try an alternative!

Thanks druidh…….something else to think about

I'm ok with finding one I like more. I can always justify that. It's trying to convince myself that I like the Curtis that I'm struggling with

molgrips
    Free Member

I spent about £200 converting a £300 hybrid to drop bars (and a few other things). It was crap, so I've converted it ALL back apart from the new wheels it got. Waste of frigging money and time that was!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Waste of frigging money and time

There's a huge amount of this happening on here everyday.

I could have stuck with my GT Avalanche 12 years ago and saved so much of the above I could have probably bought a really nice Porsche but it's not always about what you put in but what you get out that makes it worthwhile

ken_shields
    Free Member

Right descision is made. It's going.

I'm going to see if I can swap the frame and put all the bits onto something else

I just need to decide what I want to get

molgrips
    Free Member

it's not always about what you put in but what you get out that makes it worthwhile

Yes but in my case the bike is almost exactly the same as it was to begin with.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Building a bike and then not liking it’ is closed to new replies.