Just after some advice really.
I have a 8kW wood burner installed and it appears to have blown the plaster above the fireplace twice now
The fireplace is stone which has been dubbed out with ~ 100mm+ thick (fireplace was very uneven) of sand + cement + lime + sbr and then a finishing coat of vitas heat proof plaster which I thought would do it; however stupidly I tapped on the plaster and it appears to have blown it again at some point over the winter.
Anyone got any tips on how to stop this happening? Or should I just live with it.
Only thing which I wonder may be contributing is the opening (~ 1000mm x 1000mm) doesn't have a fireplace/mantle which may help to deflect the heat as the lintel gets very very hot sound plausible?