Please Help Me ObiWan STWy,
On the understanding that I am a completely dizzy queen *and* while I can strip any UNIX OS down and make it sing and dance (/usr/bin/singdance -techno) I'm not brilliant at other stuff (even biking!):
I need to repoint a small area under my front window. The mortar is cracked (has been for donkeys years so not subsidence) and one line of mortar has gone completely. My knowledgeable friend told me the following (caveat of full mask/eyewear):
1. Buy a small angle grinder and a thick disc.
2. Grind out a small depth into the mortar. Brush away dust then wet.
3. Use a 6" pointing trowell to push new mortar in.
4. Use a brick jointer to finish it off.
1. Any recommendations for discs? I am looking at a £29.99 4.5" grinder from Screwfix so would need to fit that.
2. The pre-mix mortar packs you can get from places like this - anyone know the colour? I have a wall nearby that has sandy-coloured mortar. I don't want dark grey going in and causing a colour clash.
Linkages to tools recommended unto me: